• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any ideas on how i can make this work???

avid banner

I have a customer who is getting these screen printed, but it cost!!! Besides that he makes these for different customers who want their logo on it. The problem I am having is it is type of lexan with buttons. I don't know of any vinyl that will conform or stay after flexing like that too many times. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not doing anything but the decal the pieces have circuit boards in it.

Attachments

• 20150831_134547[1].jpg
    20150831_134547[1].jpg
    33 KB · Views: 70
  • 20150831_134554[1].jpg
    20150831_134554[1].jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20150831_134934[1].jpg
    20150831_134934[1].jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20150831_134942[1].jpg
    20150831_134942[1].jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 60
Is it black to begin with. If you only have to apply the yellow then the buttons should be no issue. Otherwise the way they are getting done now is probably the appropriate way. You could make waterslides.

petepaz

the only way you can do it is the way they are presently doing it and it's going to cost because there is a lot involved.
we make overlays like that and it's a big process. you have to silk screen it (this is the only process you could save on because you could flatbed uv them) then you have to die cut them and you need a heated platen to push the button areas with a male/female die. then you have to die cut the adhesive. you have to apply the buttons (i forget the correct term for the parts) sometimes depending on the controls they can pre order pre made control layers which have the buttons and all the connectors already put together. (the control layer is also silk screened. it's silk screened with a conductive silver ink. basically you are screening the electronics. then you have to have the tail/plug that comes out. then you have to laminate/mount everything together. like i said its a process and it cost

petepaz

if you are trying to cover it with a decal that is not the best. the vinyl will shrink and if you are going over the buttons the vinyl will ware out.