• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any news about OP?

CES020

Let's not forget to recognize what really saved Joe's life; modern medicine, knowledge & technology thanks to the hard work of science in the last few hundred years, especially the last few decades. As the average life span of humans just 100 years ago was something like 30, we all have that, and modern Dentistry to thank for our longer lives.

It may be that people really think that their prayers do good, and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.

Take care Joe.

That same modern medicine and technology that lead to his family and preacher being called in because the end was near? The same modern medicine and technology that said he wouldn't make it? That same modern medicine and technology that said his heart was so severely damaged that he only had 10% capacity and that 10% would need to run his entire body? That same technology and modern medicine that said over and over it was a losing battle?

Yeah, you're right, it was probably just modern medicine.

I'm always amazed and how people like you, Colin, spend energy telling people what they should or shouldn't believe, but yet, if someone tells you what you should or shouldn't believe, then they are stepping on your toes. Why can't you just let people believe what they want in peace? Just because you don't believe in anything doesn't mean you were given the responsibility to stop my belief system. Do you really think that you mentioning this on this thread is going to cause someone to say "I think Colin is right, I'll stop believing now?". I doubt it. So if it'll have no impact, other than upset people, what would your reasoning be? You are KNOWINGLY trying to upset people on purpose, which is a pretty crappy trait to have as a human being that cares about others.

If you believe in rocks, that's fine with me. However, I'd never ever think I'd need to tell you that every time you talk about rocks, that your entire belief system is a farce. To me, that would be extremely rude and insensitive of me to do. However, you appear to think that's normal, acceptable behavior.

Don't believe in anything? Great, start your own thread about it. I don't know you from Adam, but if this is how you run your every day life, telling others what they can and can't believe in, I'm glad I don't know you personally because we'd not be friends. That's just a horrible trait to have as a person, in my opinion.

OldPaint

ill just amke a short post to all this. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO HIS way of seeing what is before them. that said, i can say many times in my life i have beliefed as colin does. iam what the "godfearing" call a "conversion." i didnt go lookin for god, or any miraculous incident.
that in itself makes this(what i have experienced) PERSONAL!!!!! what i have to wrap my head around, all of the lives that have been affected, and all the people who gave freely of of thier own energy to bring me back and help me move forward.........is STAGGERING!!!!!! that is the power of prayer and "the grace of god" which i now affirm as where my life is. no doubt in my mind. as for those who DOUBT the exsistance of a god, the power of prayer, and most all of the spiritual realm of power and life...................YOURS WILL COME TO PASS.........how you handle it and what you do with the experience..........IS YOURS.......to live with. as for me and the thousands of prayer power believers.......WORLDWIDE..........can all accept what can be done when the MIND, BODY & SPIRIT of many people...........all come together, for the good of one of the many.
i got a lot of typing to do, much in my life has changed, living takes on a whole new dimension................and the question kris kristofferson asked in the 70's song........WHY ME LORD? keeps rattling round my brain....................what have i ever dun...........

Mike_Koval

WELCOME BACK! Its great to see you post. I dont know you personally but i am glad your back home! you cant keep a yinzer down!!

All the best and a speedy recovery!

OldPaint

thank you fred, and for allowing the threads in open forum. and i know big dawg was right there.......................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome back Joe and thanks for hanging in here to show everyone what you are made of.

I just wanna know..... how long until we start bashing the Dems before you will be able to chime in ?? They're pulling some really good stuff and we can't talk about it until you're up to snuff. :Oops:

Lieto di vedere tu sei indietro, lei vecchio folaga

Marlene

welcome back! we all thought we had lost you and to see you post again is awesome! I know I went home the day the thread about you being gone was posted, like so many others here, with a heavy heart and sadness for the loss of some one I have never had the chance to meet in person. it isn't often that we get the chance to say to a person who is gone what we should have when they were alive. you've given us a gift in your coming back from the brink and I would like to say that I am so glad to see you here again. you are such a big part of signs101 and we need you here with us to give the place it's balance. glad to have you back!

Border

Welcome back OP!

Colin, if this has been SO HARD for you, biting your tongue and all, maybe these last couple of weeks would've been a GREAT time for you to just not log in at all.

Let the positive energy flow! And in the name of compassion, religious beliefs, positive energy or whatever else anyone wants to call it who has been here to chip in with positive thoughts for one of our own....put a friggin' sock in it! -and learn to be tolerant of others, just as you want us to be tolerant of your beliefs. It's really not that hard to exercise a little tact once in while. That's all anyone here is asking in this case.

SOCK, please. -and don't pm me about this now, don't wanna hear it!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Let the positive energy flow...

What, exactly, does that mean? What is the unit of measure of 'positive energy'? How is it measured?

Either qualify and quantify 'positive energy' or admit that the term is meaningless.

Marlene

What, exactly, does that mean? What is the unit of measure of 'positive energy'? How is it measured?

Either qualify and quantify 'positive energy' or admit that the term is meaningless.

postive energy doesn't have a unit of measure, it is something humans just share and enjoy. being happy isn't a bad thing. while we are at it, I would miss you bob if anything happened to you. we have slung a good amount of poo at each other over the years, but I really do enjoy your posts as they make me think and see another side of an issue. I'm telling you now while you are alive as that is what I took away from the the near loss of our signs101 family member. if that is positive energy or just a brain fart, who knows.

Border

It's meaningless Bob...you win.
I think the whole point of my post was that sometimes, maybe we don't have to prove or quantify everything, for the sake of showing support for a fellow being.
This would be one of those times, in my opinion.

2 socks, please!