• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any pranksters here among us?

btropical.com

My friends parents had a bagel shop , cops frequented . The cops decided it would be a good place for a mock domestic violence drill btween the parents . The newspaper came and covered it , front page said mock domestic violence at bagel shop .

Well the second page page started with "" the husband was drinking ""and the wife had bruises and was crying . Basically the police report . Well my buddy calls and i ask him if he had heard his parents got into a big fight "its all over the papers "". He says fax me the article , I only fax him page two of the article . He proceeds to call everyone in his family . His sister says it was pretty cool "he freaks and says F you . Calls his girlfriend she says yes I seen it , was no big deal He screams at her F you .

He calls his mother threatening to kick his Dad's ass and she better not bail him out .

This went on and on till finally they convinced him it was a mock event . Just to say I was never allowed at his family functions ever again .

SignManiac

Some thirty years ago, it wasn't uncommon for me to do extreme lettering marathons. I'd work a straight thirty six hours non stop, except for meals. Usually in the early a.m. hours I start to get delirious and bored. So one night around 3:00 a.m. I prank called my brother. Of course he was sound asleep so he was pretty easy to get not being fully awake.

I disguised my voice well enough that he didn't know it was me. I pretended to be a police officer informing him that one of the towns cops was on routine patrol, and found a van off the end of the town dock. I told him the license plate was registered in his name. Well he flew out of bed and looked out the front door and his van was sitting right where he left it.

When he got back on the phone, he screamed who the effukc is this? and then hung up. :) It was days before I finally confessed it to him! He was a tad bit irritated...

vid

I went to college in Iowa where there's a road of some sort every square mile. My home town was 84 miles away, so it was a common trip to go back and forth. I had explored, various routes and ended up with some combination of county black-tops, gravel roads, and highway for the trip. Miles-wise, it was a longer route than traveling strictly by highway. Time-wise, it was less congested --- and more importantly, less patrolled by law enforcement for speeders.

One winter, I under-estimated the frost on a particular bend in the road. The 90 degree turn had a bank on it --- and what I had always assumed was a ditch on the other side. Much to my delight, I discovered a field road...

I made a mental note: Curve Sign > Barn > Pine Tree > YEEEEEHAAWWWW >Field Road​

A month later, a friend from college was planning on spending the holidays at school. I invited him to my hometown for the break. We took my special route.

As we were driving, I asked my buddy for something in the glove box to distract him... then i start fumbling for something under the seat, but I could still see out the side window:

Curve Sign > Barn > Pine Tree >>>>>>>>>"I SCREAM" for effect>>>>>>>>> YEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWW! ...our backs were pinned to the roof of my F150. Me laughing and he shrieking. >Field Road>Field Road>Field Road>ALMOST FIELD>Stop...​

He still calls me @$$hole. But it was his suggestion that day that we, "do it again." ...and we did.

(I was an idiot behind the wheel of a car.)

vid

The most evil prank, I heard of was performed my a friend of mine in Arizona. It was a random target prank --- and that's even more evil.

He described a lonely stretch of road, "as a gently rising curve that dipped as it straightened out." Having driven on those types of roads in Arizona, I can attest that those dips aren't always visible until you've peaked the rise and are heading down into it. I could imagine the set-up.

Picture it as one of those roads one sees on TV described as, "Do not attempt, closed course, professional driver" for the sports car commercials... buuuuuuuut someone always always does attempt. ...sometimes at night ...sometimes with an adult beverage.​

Anyway, at the bottom of the dip, there was a fence post on one side of the road and a telephone pole on the other. One moonless night, he and a few of his chums take out a Costco purchase of paper towels to the location. They wrap the towels from the fence post ---> across the road ---> to the telephone pole...

I don't know about anyone but me, but if I suddenly see a big wall of white, lit up by the high-beams of my car, traveling 80 mph --- I'm talking to my Lord and Saviour as fast as I can...

That one was just evil. I still laugh. BUT, I do cringe just a little at the thought...

copythat

You are a Maniac

My employees saw me laughing and insisted on reading it. They don't believe someone would be sooo gullible. Nice Post Babe!

showcase 66

April 1st 2001.

I had dislocated my shoulder the previous week at work. Pretty much everyone at the plant had no idea what exactly happened other than I had gotten hurt. Came in on April 1st in the late morning to talk to the managers and give them an update. Being April fools day I wanted to play a joke on someone not sure who exactly but someone. Talked to my direct manager and told him my idea and he said as long as it wasnt in the production area.

Since I was in a sling, one with a pillow under my arm to hold it up, I used this to my advantage. I had heard that a lot of people believed my hand was severed off. Knowing this, I had brought a box from the hospital that is used for sterile items. (Moms a nurse at the hospital)

Cut a hole in the box and put a bunch of large pad gauze all around the box. Put my hand thru the hole and bandaged the hand adding some fake blood around the wrist area. My buddy did a good job at making it look real.
Once we left my managers office I was greeted by 6 or 7 of my coworkers. Checking up on me and what not. I told them I did get my hand cut off but they couldn't save it. To much damage left on the arm. After talking a bit they asked what was in the box and I told them it was my hand. I said something like the corporate people here wanted to see for themselves the damage the machine caused.
Everybody was like yeah right. I finally got everyone convinced I had it and I would show it to them after meeting with the corporate guys. About 1/2 later I come back out of the office and meet about 15 of the guys who wanted to see. Word got around. I had a rubberband on the arm kinda tight to cut off some circulation so it gave the hand a blueish, purpleish color. Everyone looked in and couldnt believe the hand. One guy almost puked. I said it felt kinda cold and almost leather like. I asked anyone if they wanted to touch it. Most said no but a couple people did. At that point I knew my target. One of the ladies who touched the hand was completely grossed out and curious at the same time. I told them the fingers are stiff as a board and cant be bent. Told her to try and bend one of the fingers. As soon as she grabbed the the finger, I grabbed her hand.

SHE SCREAMED... Most everyone else screamed, and she ended up on the floor screaming crying and peed her pants.

My manager came in laughing his a$$ off as well as a couple other managers.

Felt bad for making her pee her pants but it was fricken hilarious. I still see her around from time to time and she says she is going to get back at me.

I wish I had taken pictures of the box and the hand. Looked so real.

copythat

Oregano

Back in my heavy cannabis days! We had a guy that always hung out with us. While we smoked he was always asking how it feels. Since his

SignManiac

This is one of my sign related pranks. About twenty five years ago, I became best friends with Mike Sheehan of Classic Sign & Mirror from Pensacola, Florida. He was just getting his start in the sign business and was excited and hungry for all things signs.

I called him while I was still living in New York. With a disguised voice, told him I was the captain of an oil tanker soon to arrive in Pensacola's port. I told him I was boarded by the U.S. Coast Guard and would not be allowed to continue my voyage because my registration numbers on the bow were not the legal height. I told him I had to have my tanker relettered and the numbers had to be the legal height of 6' instead of the 5'6" that they were now. I said I needed them done in the next 24 hours and would pay up to $20k to get it done. Money was no object.

I could hear his voice trembling over the phone. This would have been one of the biggest jobs he ever came upon. I told him I would call back in an hour to get his answer. One hour later I called him, he could barely speak. I then said that I was sorry and that I found another local shop who said they could get the job done on my schedule and at the $20,000.00 price. You could hear a pin drop. He didn't know what to say about losing that job :)

zmatalucci

I'm not the originator:
But I taped the spray nozzle on my kitchen sink hose with clear tape and faced it towards the end user, and when my wife turned it on she got soaked.
Saw it on MTV and had to do it.

showcase 66

This is one of my sign related pranks. About twenty five years ago, I became best friends with Mike Sheehan of Classic Sign & Mirror from Pensacola, Florida. He was just getting his start in the sign business and was excited and hungry for all things signs.

I called him while I was still living in New York. With a disguised voice, told him I was the captain of an oil tanker soon to arrive in Pensacola's port. I told him I was boarded by the U.S. Coast Guard and would not be allowed to continue my voyage because my registration numbers on the bow were not the legal height. I told him I had to have my tanker relettered and the numbers had to be the legal height of 6' instead of the 5'6" that they were now. I said I needed them done in the next 24 hours and would pay up to $20k to get it done. Money was no object.

I could hear his voice trembling over the phone. This would have been one of the biggest jobs he ever came upon. I told him I would call back in an hour to get his answer. One hour later I called him, he could barely speak. I then said that I was sorry and that I found another local shop who said they could get the job done on my schedule and at the $20,000.00 price. You could hear a pin drop. He didn't know what to say about losing that job :)

Note to self: Never give SignManiac your number :ROFLMAO:

Sticky Signs

I used to work in a shop that had an 80" laminator. The static build up on that thing was insane. You could actually see blue comets shoot out from the take up roll. I used to always get the new guys to come over to "give me hand". As soon as they got anywhere near that machine the sparks would fly. I'm talking heart stopping static shocks. I'll never forget their faces.

This one had nothing to do with me but here's a great example of a good prank gone bad. Randy, I guy I work with told me about this one.
Randy's friend Bob was getting married. Randy's other friend John worked as an engineer for a train company. Bob's bachelor party was a few nights before the wedding. Randy, John and the rest of the guys had a plan. They would get Bob drunk and when he passed out, they'd put him in an empty train car - Nekid . John would be driving the train and would see to it that Bob made it home safe and sound after a scheduled 4hr trip. Well, turns out they got Bob good and drunk, striped him of all his clothes and put him on the train. At the last minute, the train company changed John's schedule and put him on a different train. Now John is passed out, nekid and all alone on a train headed for Toronto. There's nothing anybody could do. Bob made it to Toronto in one piece however he didn't make it back to Vancouver in time for the wedding. Needless to say, Bob and his wife never spoke to any of the "guys" ever again.

The moral of the story? Well, you figure it out.

danpik

My brother and I own several rental houses around town. for the most part we have a good relationship with the neighbors around them. One guy though, seems to want to be a thorn in our side. He is always complaining about something...Litter in the yard (that blows in from other places) which we clean up whenever we see it and other stupid little things like that. One thing he likes to complain about the most is the lawn. He has called the city on us several times over the lawn being "too high" which it isn't. Anyway, after dealing with this and trying to maintain my composure I hatched a little plan.
My trip to work takes me within a block of his house. Durring the summer months I ride my bike which helps with this. I have a 24 oz cup which fits into the bottle holder on my bike frame. I fill this cup with lawn fertilizer about 3 times a week. When I ride past his house, at 4:30 AM (nice and dark) I broadcast this all over his lawn. After about three weeks of this he pretty much stopped complaining about my lawn as his is always higher than mine now. I heard from one of the other neighbors that he is mowing his lawn every two days. I need to get it to every day. One thing for sure though is his lawn looks better than everyone elses lawn on the street. Dark gree and thicker than high quality shag carpet.

hightop

This was a team effort. I had an employee move from another state a few weeks ago. He is a known prankster! The team welcomed him by removing all of the furniture from his new office, replacing it with only a lawn chair and a box, covered the windows and lights with green tissue paper, and hung toilet paper on nearly every available spot on the ceiling. He opened the door on his first day in the office and the look was priceless!