• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any sources for this military emblem? Searching for an hour with no luck

SignManiac

AMS-2

Not even sure what branch it's from. Hoping to find a vector version of this and yes, VectorDr would probably be my next step.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• AMS-2 emblem.jpg
    AMS-2 emblem.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 158

toucan_graphics

let me check my sources when I get home this evening. It's an obscure emblem for a local unit but I may be able to get it for you.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Poke around on the Heraldry site. They might have it or at least a better quality version to vectorize....

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/default.aspx

We have vectorized literally hundreds of assorted crests, DUI's, and other military insignia for the US Army over the years. This one is not one we have done though. At one point we got big order to do a couple of dozen at once in a hurry. I sent those to Vector Dr to take care of.... Once you have dozens of them done they get easier because you can often reuse elements from others to rebuild them. Also helps a lot once you start getting all of the colors nailed down. Deciphering what some of the colors should be can also be tricky. We have built up our own custom library of color names (azure, etc) or military thread colors to Pantones or custom Lab values, also Federal Standard 595C colors to Pantones, etc... a lot of work over the years. One day I need to put it all together into a nice easy to use reference and sell it.

SignManiac

LOL Curtis, I haven't had a version 6 corel disk for a hundred years now :) But thanks for taking the time to find it.