• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any way to make Flexi 7.5 work on windows 7???

TSG

Is there any way to make Flex 7.5 work with Windows 7 64 bit. or even windows 7 32 bit?

I tried the system compatibility wizard, and changed it to run like its on Windows XP, and it seems like it wants to open up, but it gets stuck on the open up screen and says that it cant find the dongle key (which is installed correctly, and is lit up) I called Flexi (SAI) and they say the only option is to upgrade of course at the low low price of $999.00 I have to think there is a way around this?

They also told me that the dongle key i have is legit and has not been voided.

Anyone with a solution to this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

FrankW

Is there any way to make Flex 7.5 work with Windows 7 64 bit. or even windows 7 32 bit?

I tried the system compatibility wizard, and changed it to run like its on Windows XP, and it seems like it wants to open up, but it gets stuck on the open up screen and says that it cant find the dongle key (which is installed correctly, and is lit up) I called Flexi (SAI) and they say the only option is to upgrade of course at the low low price of $999.00 I have to think there is a way around this?

I think $ 999 ist not too much when you think that you have missed 3 paid main upgrades until now (8, 8.5, 10). And it will not be cheaper in the future when missing further main upgrades.

It could be that the dongle driver won't work. The driver installed with Flexi 7.5 don't work with XP Service Pack 3 either. You can check the manufacturer of the dongle (mainly hasp) and download and install the current driver version. I would suggest to try a 7.6v2-installation (free update), because the dongle driver of this flexi is a newer version.

But even Flexi 8 won't work over all with Windows 7, so Flei 7.5 won't do it too. Specially production manager and driving any output devices will be difficult or disfunctional.

TSG

I looked for the dongle driver in the list of programs for the compatibility wizard, and it wasn't in the list...

I did pay around $1,900 for this new...And I also own a copy of Flexi 8.6 that I currently run that cost around $ 2,200. I also payed around $900 or so for an upgrade from 8.1 to 8.6. So I have around $5,500 in to Flexi software, and half of it can't be used on a newer system, which is ludicrous. Just my opinion...But it doesn't seem right to have to pay them another $999 to make it run.

FrankW

I did pay around $1,900 for this new ...

Yes, I think (because its 7.5) 7 - 8 years ago?

...And I also own a copy of Flexi 8.6 that I currently run that cost around $ 2,200. I also payed around $900 or so for an upgrade from 8.1 to 8.6.

Yes, I think again (because its 8.6) 4 - 5 years ago?

So I have around $5,500 in to Flexi software, and half of it can't be used on a newer system, which is ludicrous.

I don't know how it is in the US, but in europe there is a big reduction on every update from the second if buying all updates together.

Regularly, users of Flexi earns money with the work they do in Flexi. That should have a value for you either.

David40

The higher levels of Win 7, Ultimate and Pro have an XP add on available for download from Microcrap that should run any old software. Another option I chose was a dandy little utility call Boot-It Bare Metal. Which allows me to run both XP and Win 7 off the same hard drive as a dual boot machine. For the older software I just boot the machine in XP.

Drip Dry

I think there was a patch for the dongle in earlier versions of flexi. I think it was for Win XP. It may work for your situation. If it's for Win XP, maybe you can run Win7 in XP mode.

if you want it, send me a pm with your e-mail. I'm pretty sure I can find it on one of my old machines.

avatrx

lxI software?

I just joined this forum/group because of issues I'm haing with VE LXi Master+ software. Old software. version 6 something.

I also would like to run the software on a WIN7 system that is 64bit. I do have the WIN7 Pro, but it doesn't seem to want to load at all.

As for the other poster looking for a dongle fix? Seems to me that I had an issue with that on WINXP. I have 2 cds. both are HASP files. One CD didn't work. I downloaded the file and have that. I'm pretty sure that is how I got mine to work.

I bought my small 24" Panther cutter pre-owned so Signwarehouse wouldn't even speak to me until I gave them $250. which I didn't.

We only use our cutter for generating art for silkscreens. It's Chisel work for the most part. We do an occasional sign or banner, but rarely.

I'm also hoping to find an affordable software if I can't get my LXi to work.

I downloaded a trial of Sign Tools, but I do need weed borders and the weeding on that seems to cut into my artwork. Not quite sure how to fix it.

thanks for any and all advice,
-susie

David40

Quick fix

The quickest fix for your problem would be to go down to the nearest GoodWill and buy an old used XP computer for a hundred bucks and use that for your cutter. The next step up, if XP Mode doesn't work on the Win 7 machine, would be to make your hard drive a dual boot machine using a program like Boot-it Bare Metal. When starting the machine you have the option to boot to either OS. The down side is if you need to bounce back and forth often it's a pain.

avatrx

I'll probably have to do something like install a 2nd hard drive and put XP on that. What I don't know is how to handle the 64bit processor. would you guess that might be a problem?

I'd also thought about partition magic to make my system multi bootable. I haven't messed with that stuff for a while, so I'll have to refresh my memory.

I have several XP computers. I guess I could put a 'switch" on my monitors and just hook up both of them. Seems like I did something like that YEARS ago. Guess I'll have to check into that again.

The other option I have is to bring my XP computer home from our shop and send the WIN7 back in it's place. It rarely gets used for much other than an occasional email. mostly just for cutting out artwork.

thanks for the suggestion. seems like a logical solution.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
spinning your wheels over a grand???

you've already wasted enough time on this issue, spend it, install it, and start making your money back....

David40

A-B Switches

I did the A-B switch thing on my hobby computers. I have one machine dedicated to video editing and then another computer as a dedicated multi-track audio recorder-editor. I bought a single A-B-C-D switch and cables from Altex in Texas that has the inputs and outputs for the monitor, mouse, and keyboard. I can completely switch between four machines on the fly using only one monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
I mentioned Altex because they have the lowest prices I have ever found on switches and cables.
Have fun.

avatrx

I must have forgotten to mention our main business was printing for manufacturing. We are at approx 10% of what we were 12 years ago. Yes, a grand is a HUGE amount. must be nice to not have to worry about every penney. Those were the good-ole-days which are LONG gone.

We're just trying to survive at this point until things pick up. We downsized from 7500 sq ft to 1250. fortunately we've rented out some of the extra space.

I know you mean well, but when you run a what-is-now a 2 person shop with limited means - every cent counts. Around here if we're 2 cents higher on a job, we lose it. The last decent sign job I quoted I spent hours working out a layout and trying to offer the best price I could. ended up, she thanked me for my time, but they were going to order thru the internet because they had better pricing. All my time for nothing.........pretty typical these days.

Our local politicians send their stuff out of state to save THEIR money even though their salaries are paid with OURS. Most of the sign shops around here have gone under.

Gets very frustrating. At least when printing for mfg - you don't have to inventory all the sign stuff. They send you the parts, you print them and ship them back.

avatrx

thanks for the info. I may even have my old switch. It was only a 2-way. perhaps it's buried in stuff since our move to our newer/smaller location. I'll check out Altex. I also need to find an adapter for my serial port from 9pin to 25 pin. may as well look while I'm at the site.

Thanks!
-susie

RiXaX

I've had no problem running the old Flexi on 32 bit Win7
and being that I don't do the digital printing see no reason for the upgrades.

avatrx

I tried installing LXi on my WIN 7 system prior to attempting the XP virtual mode. It would not install. Literally it would do nothing. I downloaded and ran the XP mode, which allowed the program to install, but after the reboot - the virtual XP wouldn't start. It would get about 25% of the way and just stop. No error message - nothing. it just stopped.

My WIN7 is 64 bit.

I'm going to attempt to install a different version of a virtual XP and see if that works. I found my old XP Pro Disks, but seems to me they had a problem with being scratched.

If you were able to install LXi without jumping thru these hoops, I'd be interested in how YOU did it. I don't seem to be having much luck. I do have another computer with XP Pro on it, but I really don't want to have to drag that thing into my work area.

I looked at some laptops on EBAY that had XP Pro and a serial port. That may be the way I ultimately go. Meanwhile I'm working with my free trial of Corel Draw Sign Tools. Seems to work, but seems rather limited.

-susie

MikeB

In addition to setting the compatibility mode to XP, make sure you check the box to run as Administrator. That's a common fix for older programs.

You can also run virtual software like https://www.virtualbox.org/(it's free) and install XP on it.

If you want to go the virtual route and your disk is too badly damaged to install, send me a PM I'll send you a disk image that you can install as long as you have a valid XP product #

Good luck!