• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any way to view eps files

watchdaride

.I have a bunch of clipart in EPS vector. Is there a way or program that allows you to view eps files in windows xp when you use thumbnail view like how you see jpg pictures? I am using XP? I have irfanview but you have to open each on individually .

G-Artist

Ifran is good as is ST Thumbnail Explorer and all those programs mentioned in the previous thread but none will work worth a damn if there isn't a Tiff header in the EPS.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 172

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Au contraire Mon Ami ... Extensis Portfolio does not suffer from such shortcomings.

Here are screen shots of two EPS files I intentionally saved as EPS without a preview and then added to a Portfolio database. The first screen shows the thumbnail view and the second screen shows the detail view when the thumbnail is double clicked. The third screen shows a catalog I made some time ago with AI files without previews.

Of additional interest, the version of Portfolio that I am using is version 4 which is 10 years old. It will thumbnail and process the full size into a viewable JPG which can also be keyworded for searching later.

Attachments

• PORTFOLIO 1.jpg
    PORTFOLIO 1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 119
  • PORTFOLIO 2.jpg
    PORTFOLIO 2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 175
  • portfolio 3.jpg
    portfolio 3.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Au contraire Mon Ami ... Extensis Portfolio does not suffer from such shortcomings.

Here are screen shots of two EPS files I intentionally saved as EPS without a preview and then added to a Portfolio database. The first screen shows the thumbnail view and the second screen shows the detail view when the thumbnail is double clicked. The third screen shows a catalog I made some time ago with AI files without previews.

Of additional interest, the version of Portfolio that I am using is version 4 which is 10 years old. It will thumbnail and process the full size into a viewable JPG which can also be keyworded for searching later.

I may have to try the trial version. Does it work on files that you never created yourself? I have a cd with eps files that won't show the preview on anything until I actually resave it

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I may have to try the trial version. Does it work on files that you never created yourself? I have a cd with eps files that won't show the preview on anything until I actually resave it

As a publisher of vector clipart I can tell you that the only EPS and AI you can count on to work everytime is that which has been saved from Adobe Illustrator. For example, CorelDRAW and FlexiSIGN will often fail to import their own EPS exports even though other applications will handle them okay.

Tim Aucoin

I can confirm Windows 7 does not show eps thumbs...

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Hmmm... on my Mac, I select the EPS file, press the spacebar and "poof", I have a large preview right there in front of me. Feature called quick view. Now... along the lines of what Fred said... it only seems to work with EPS created in Illy.

Tim Aucoin

Extensis Portfolio is available as a 30 day free trial HERE.

There are also online videos and other documentation. Here is a link to the supported formats, which include Illustrator EPS and AI.

Thanks for that link Fred... Although I don't really need Extensis Portfolio, it has led me to their Font Management software (Suitcase Fusion 2)... and it looks like what I really need... I've always struggled with font management software!!