• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any way to view eps files

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Now... along the lines of what Fred said... it only seems to work with EPS created in Illy.

That is a distinct possibility. As I've posted on any number of occasions, if one wants an EPS that will work universally without any problems, then one should always open and resave them in Illustrator. That's what we've done with every Plotter Art™ EPS file in our collections. The same is true for every file published in the Vector Art Mega Collections and pretty much any legitimate clipart publisher I've ever run across.

When one gets their EPS art on ebay at prices one knows are so low that they can't be legitimate, one should expect some shortcuts have been taken and some deficiencies exist.

G-Artist

XnView is another great program.

After reading the threads I decided to try and catalog my art files and build PDF catalogs with it.

The program reads EPS, AI and CDR and countless others.

Here's a screen shot of a file folder I opened. Kinda nifty.

Attachments

• Snagit1.jpg
    Snagit1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 119

watchdaride

How about making a backup of files and coverting them to jpg. Does any one know of a fast software to convert eps/ai to jpg ?

G-Artist

We only have AI CS4 to open and preview client files and save them out to use in CD (no one here is versed enough in AI to actually use it).

Is there an Illustrator script (free) that will open AI files and resave them with a preview header or maybe convert them to EPS and save? If so, wher can I find that puppy?

I have about 150 files that are not viewable except by importing into AI one at a time and that is just too much like work.

Thanks.

ChiknNutz

Probably little known and not too mainstream, but with CoCut from Eurosystems they provide a program called Job Manager 6. It is a lot like these others mentioned, but does a very good job of many file types including: EPS, AI, CDR, etc. all in one package. Although it craps out on a few files here and there, but for the most part it does a great job. I don't know if they provide it any other way other than with CoCut, but it actually works pretty darn well.