• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody have a Gerber Advantage 400 (AR400) CNC router?

Brian Butler

I have a Gerber Advantage 400 also known as the AR400. It is old and not supported by Gerber. I do not have the software to run it so I am looking for the software. Does anybody know if it will run with Omega 5 CS? I have been told the software does list my machine but Gerber hasn't tested it so they won't guarantee it will work (actually they don't even like to talk about it, AR400 seems like a bad word to them). Before I spend the BIG MONEY on the software I would like to know if anybody is running one of these with Omega 5 or any other version for that matter. What software are you running?

Kottwitz-Graphics

I have ar2748, and i create in corel, export as an eps, open in omega (not sure what version, i will look when i get into the shop). In omega, i just make sure that the color is off, the lines are off, and paths are closed. My machine is so old i have to increase the size 1.535% to make sire the parts are the correct size. Then i export to art path, assign my tool paths and send to the router.

Brian Butler

I have ar2748, and i create in corel, export as an eps, open in omega (not sure what version, i will look when i get into the shop). In omega, i just make sure that the color is off, the lines are off, and paths are closed. My machine is so old i have to increase the size 1.535% to make sire the parts are the correct size. Then i export to art path, assign my tool paths and send to the router.

Thanks for the reply,

Thats the same size I have. I would be interested to know what version of Omega. I either have to buy Gerbers software or convert the machine to something else.... Either option is very expensive and have their own benefits.

mario70lopez

software

I heard an easy fix, is ARTCAM $150 $200 training tutorial, suppose to connect right through withou changing anything. I have AR400 just put it on XP PRO

Techman

Yes..art cam express 150 bux. Comes with 1500 bux worth of art.

you can get the trial for free, It has 5 variations of gerber post processors on it.