• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody having an issue selling vehicle wraps in the Midwest?

hardrockwraps

Been having problems selling vehicle wraps in the midwest. I feel that most people just dont "get it". Meaning the point of have a wrap, mostly for there business.

Sparky

How long have you been at it?

Where in MO are you?

Who is your competition - Are they busy?

Are you actively selling or waiting for customers to come to you?

What are your selling points?

SignManiac

Do you have a good portfolio of work to show perspective clients? Are you able to give them a good reason to invest their advertising dollars with a wrap?

TheSnowman

Me nor my competition sell them hardly. I know of like one company locally that has had them done, and we didn't even get a call for pricing on it. No one wants to spend that much money for something that "doesn't last". When I tell them it won't last as long as paint anyway, the high schoolers and college kids that want their cars done in Flat Black normally walk out! LOL.

speedmedia

The only problem we have is all the high overhead hacks always cutting prices to "keep busy" We do our fair share though and love doing them.

If you are having problems maybe you should change your sales approach or look at your portfolio as others have said.

Thanks,
Kurt

Mosh

Most people in the midwest are pretty tight wth money. We have LOADS of "tire kickers" most all wraps we have don't are for larger companies. Market those types and you might do better than selling to "Bob's Repair Sevice" down the street.

hardrockwraps

Thanks for all the help. I also understand that with the economy right now, money is tight. Yeah, Mosh i totally agree with you. The locals are very very tight.

anotherdog

How about partial wraps? When the cost of a full wrap is causing a customer problems we try to work it into a partial that in many cases is as eye catching as the full.

I think the main issue is the perception that when business is slow you spend less on promotion.

Joe Diaz

Yeah, they are tricky to sell in our area of the Midwest. There just isn't the demand here. Most people that actually come here wanting wraps have no idea how much they cost and change their minds once they hear the price. We sell more wraps to people not shopping for wraps then those that think that is what they need. In fact I've designed more for other shops in different parts of the country/Canada then we have actually produced here in our shop. :omg:

mark in tx

I've always taken the approach that wraps are for commercial applications.
Puts me in the proper mindset to overcome sticker shock.

Ask them how much a month do they spend on yellow pages.
How much a month on billboards.

A wrap is in the same price category as those 2 items, and that knowledge gets the customer understanding why the price is what it is.

Patrick46

Are your own shop vehicles wrapped?

Here's the question I was looking for!!! Easiest way to sell something, is to show a prospective customer where their money is gonna go.

Wrap your own rig...and ya better make it look good too!!!

Remember....this is the 'cheapest' form of advertising available...and THAT is a selling point in itself!!!