• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody print UL labels?

phototec

You don't need NO stink-en UL approval and certification, just go to Brand of the World, download the UL circle logo, use it as your own art, print the labels and call yourself a UL approved label shop, right?

[video=youtube;rjnor5fEUi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjnor5fEUi4[/video]

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now that one made me laugh out loud............... don't know why, just did............:ROFLMAO:

Billct2

OK, it's been a long time since I seriously considered getting listed (I looked at UL and I think there was an alternative too)
and as I recall for sign manufacturing I thought they gave you the pre-numbered labels? Maybe I had that wrong as I didn't follow through and started purchasing my UL boxes wholesale.

Dakotagrafx

notworki.gif lol

Z SIGNS

You better pray that the guys from ul and the inspectors in the town you are pulling your permits aren't reading this

kgirl

The only listing labels you can print yourself for your signs is if your using a MET labs sign shop....and not a UL sign shop....UL makes you pay for everything....

TammieH

You are not getting screwed by pricing if you agreed to the price in the first place! i really get tired of every Tom, Dick and Customer complain about prices. You can always say "No" but for gosh sake, don't complain. And then there are those who say "Well I can do THAT myself a lot cheaper"

Right, go ahead then!

I am sure they don't like it when people question them on their prices.

Cripes!

nwsigns

UL labels all have a serial number on them that needs to be accounted for in your paperwork. There are many types of labels - sections signs, indoor, and outdoor, restored, etc. The labels are not really that expensive if you order them in bulk since its mostly a processing fee. You are also required to have a shop label with contact info and space to add electrical info for each sign.

UL is not a government agency and copying their labels is not illegal but totally not cool for those of us who go through the process of being UL approved. Of course the fact that your thinking about working around the system says a lot about your company and work. You may also get your ars sued big time for it. We only have a few municipalities who really ask or require signs be listed but most malls or property management companies want it - even if they don't understand why.

I personally think the whole thing is a joke but we play along so we can get the work we are after. I hear good things about MET and may be checking them out next renewal period.