• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody print UL labels?

milchad

My company wants to have the ability to print UL labels that are attached to the equipment we sell. (Mostly just black and white text, but some have color). We currently buy the labels from a sign shop and would like to do them in-house. Since this will be taking business away from them, I'm not going to ask what kind of printer they use. Anybody on this forum do UL labels? If so, what kind of equipment do you use?

Thanks!

phototec

My company wants to have the ability to print UL labels that are attached to the equipment we sell. (Mostly just black and white text, but some have color). We currently buy the labels from a sign shop and would like to do them in-house. Since this will be taking business away from them, I'm not going to ask what kind of printer they use. Anybody on this forum do UL labels? If so, what kind of equipment do you use?

Thanks!

You want to take business away from a sign shop, and you come on a SIGN forum to ask other sign shops how to do it?

Nope, I'm NOT helping you screw another sign shop, you'll have to do that on your own.

Yes, you do have to be UL Approved (certified)!

:omg:

milchad

The sign shop we have a contract with has been screwing us for years. For example, they charge $25 for this decal. We can do it in house, but they have the contract for it and are bending us over.
Capture.JPG

Billct2

We just copied the UL label off another sign box and print them on our Avery desktop printer labels for the signs we build in house. Also make them for the toaster & microwave ovens we've branched out into....:ROFLMAO:

Mosh

If you are not UL listed why do you need UL decals? Going to get in some MAJOR trouble....

JR's

Are they coming over to inspect the signs? Then they sell the label to you? If so you're paying for the inspection, not the label. $25 seems reasonable

petepaz

if you are not UL approved (which isn't cheap and needs to be paid every year followed up by a surprise inspection) you can not print UL labels (not legally anyway)
we are approved and you charge more for the labels because of what it cost to be able to print UL labels

milchad

$25 is very fair - you SHOULD NOT be printing your own labels

That example I posted is not a UL label. It's another part they print for us. They typically charge pennies for UL labels but they do thousands of them and quite often they aren't delivered on time causing our production line to sidetrack units.

petepaz

sometimes it's not the shops fault it takes so long for UL labels. every UL label has to be approved by UL. you make a proof with all specs, including material and process. then send it to UL and you wait for an approval from them. we have had that process take 2-3 weeks