• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody seen Mosh?

Mosh

add the beef and pork???

personally have never had a deer professionally processed - my ex was a firm believer we do it in OUR kitchen - and we always did... the only thing I added to the venison was a little beef fat when we ground the burger from it...

can't imagine 200 lbs of beef and pork being added...

They don't add 200 lbs. By the time they add the beef and pork and the deer it all adds up to around 200 lbs, so it is $1 per pound. Deer around here run 150-225 lbs dressed.

tanneji

They have a program here like that. We did a wrap for their carcass box truck. Looked great but was a little odd knowing what was usually just on the other side of that panel ...

btropical.com

We usually donate the deer we get from towing accidents where deer are killed , we gut and skin them then just drop them off clean /frozen to local food bank . We are hoping to donate some hogs over the xmas / new years as we are gonna hit the woods . Mosh great you are donating the meat !! I allways like to hear someone not wasting meat and doing good for the less fortunate .

MaxxGrafix

Before I shot that last deer I yelled at him "hey, you think you're better than me?" he didn't answer so I shot him.

Seriously, I don't waste the deer I shoot. I keep one deer a year and the rest go to the local food bank. I even pay for the processing of the deer I donate. (around $200 a deer)

this is a funny guy- he could say he paid a $1000 for processing per deer, and he'd still be a stand up guy- eitherway he's still donating the deer to charity. shelling out cash or not.

Pat Whatley

They don't add 200 lbs. By the time they add the beef and pork and the deer it all adds up to around 200 lbs, so it is $1 per pound. Deer around here run 150-225 lbs dressed.

150 pound dressed deer yields 70-80 pounds of meat, 90 if you really push it.

Trust me on this, I used to work at a 100 deer a day processor every winter. I had to listen to people come in every single day and raise hell thinking their 150 deer was going to yield 125 pounds of ground meat. That's also where I learned that the stereotypical redneck hunter ain't just a stereotype.

Mikeifg

I call "BULLSHIT" on that Mosh. Even the best meat cutters only charge about $65.00 per for skinning, boning, cutting, wrapping and freezing. Your saying you shoot 9+ deer per year (as many as 16 or 17, based on your post) so you spend roughly as much as $3,200 per year for processing alone.....on top of tags? Yah Right! Legal Tags in your name?.....Yah sure......POACHER

Mosh is right it's 200.00 per Deer here in Indiana as well.

Rising

dear me, we do have monk jack dear here in our village woods etc, but goin out shootin em, well no hope , get ya ass arrested. We have wild dear in a royal park near here too, some get run down by cars, guns nah they aint leagl in UK, not like you lot in the gun slinging US/Canada.
Steve

SignosaurusRex

Mosh is right it's 200.00 per Deer here in Indiana as well.
I realize that the price of processing may be dramatically different from place to place in different regions. I've used many different processors over the years in many different States and have never paid more than roughly $75.00 per deer and that includes beef trim added, regardless of size. My point is that at $200 per head X (16) deer plus tags? C'mon, gimme a break! I commend any hunter for donating processed game to the local food bank! Many of the hunters I know and myself regularly donate to the needy but I've never known any State to allow land owners to shoot that many without tags and tags are not free. Nebraska only allows a resident landowner one (1) deer tag per year at a price of $15.50 and the only way for a landowner to get more than one tag is in the case of severe crop depredation. For that, the game department/state law enforcement must do a survey of the situation and make a determination. Then and only then will the state sometimes allow the landowner to purchase a determined number of additional tags. A harvested animal without a tag equals poaching.

I still call "BULLSHIT".....and......I hate poachers!

Jillbeans

Mosh has been uploading pix in his gallery.
As much as I loathe his pricing strategy and mostly everything he says, gosh but he has pretty blue eyes, no wonder he has so many baby mommas despite his mullet.
(hides face in shame)
Love....Jill

Pat Whatley

As much as I loathe his pricing strategy and mostly everything he says, gosh but he has pretty blue eyes, no wonder he has so many baby mommas despite his mullet.
(hides face in shame)
Love....Jill

Ummmm....

BobM

(hides face in shame)
Love....Jill

No Jillbeans, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.