• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone buy a printer from matt c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have PM'd dclet and have a response from him. It should not be aired here until the details are ascertained.

I am closing this thread for now.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Okay ... I'm going to give a limited explanation and I don't plan on having an open discussion about what is apparently some multiple instances of fraud having transpired. Here is what I have been told and tend to believe but do not state as fact:

• dclet stated to me that he purchased a Mutoh printer as a demo unit at a discount from Art Unica and that Matt Cuellar was the sales rep in the transaction. The unit that arrived, however, was a new machine. dclet recently received a call from Art Unica wanting payment for a balance due on the printer. dclet had already paid the entire amount in full that he had agreed to in his transaction through Matt Cuellar.
  • I contacted Art Unica and spoke with the owner of the company. He confirmed the statements made to me by dclet and added that there were apparently at least five such deals that Matt Cuellar had handled which the Art Unica owner stated were fraudulent. Matt Cuellar has been fired by Art Unica and they are investigating their next course of action. Matt Cuellar was, in fact, a legitimate representative of Art Unica until today. It does appear, however, that he had found a way to close deals and be compensated before any of the fraud was detected.
  • I have removed Matt Cuellar's access to Signs 101 unless subsequent developments disprove what has been stated.
  • ALL MEMBERS who have recently made a transaction with Matt Cuellar are hereby formally notified that such transactions MAY have been fraudulent.
  • Any member of Signs 101 who had discussions or did business with Matt Cuellar and can provide any email, written or private message documentation to Art Unica is requested to do so.
I want to point out that this sort of thing is always possible. Signs 101 accepted Matt Cuellar's registration and fees as a merchant subscriber here in good faith and had no reason to believe he would commit any fraudulent acts nor did we have any clue that anything such as described was going on. We also have every reason to believe that Art Unica is a legitimate enterprise and should not come away from this with their reputation soiled. That said, it should also be said, that being a merchant subscriber here does not represent any "seal of approval" by this board or its owners.

onesource

I have seen him selling on Signweb and stating he was in financial need and going out of business (something close).
I then swapped over to signs101 and he was trying to sell the same machine different circumstance. mutah valuejet 48 to be precise.
Maybe I should've posted the red flag

ChiknNutz

WOW! I had no idea. I contracted with Art Unica [and Matt] to help me learn media profiling. AU sent another representative to actually perform the "teaching" but Matt did swing by just to meet up. I've personally had no problems, but then all I purchased was a service, not physical goods. He seemed to be a stand-up guy to me, but ya never know I guess. Too bad.

I do have to say that my initial training left me a bit wanting, as it was one of the first ones they had actually done off-site...just could have been presented better. However, the owner and I spoke at great length (not anything bad, just some suggestions for improvement and such), along with Matt, and the owner offered another 2 hours of training at no charge. I've not yet scheduled that training, but I have no reason to believe that it won't be honored.

bullcrew

Bought a new graphtec fc7000-100 from him at a discounted price then got a bill for an additional $2600. I got some replacement items from them recently and they billed me for them as well. I had to file a claim with the CC co. they took $2600 out of my account for the rest of an item that was supposedly discounted. Got it back after 2 months and filing a claim. I have 2 more bills sitting here that are the same circumstance, although the product was a sample I got a bill.
Thought he was a stand up guy, ahe did fix a couple of discounts on items. I wont discuss the 411 that lead to the demise of the print heads and the really bad material either.

Robertw

I don't know what happened

I want to personnaly address the threads regarding Matt Cuellar.

Matt is a wonderful man who just got mixed up in the world of fast moving technology and wheelin/dealin. His actions that are being questioned were wrong & misleading and he will be answering to a higher power than me about this.

Please understand the comments are about Matt not the company he has been working for. Unica digital continues to provide excellent solutions for printers, media and color management to the sign shop communities. Many of you know that Matt has provided you with great solutions, pefect support and a desire to help you grow your business.

I am sorry if anyone has been hurt or deceived due to his actions. Again these are not related to Unica digital and all hardware that has been sourced through our company will be fully supported as expected. What has transpired is and should not be a reflection of our company philosophy.

I am leaving my doors open to anyone who would like to further discuss this matter. My phone # is 425.767.3136. Please call me at your convenience.

Matt's future depends on his ability to fully understand what he was doing wrong, make ammends as his heart would require. I am still open to having Matt be a part of my company and truly value the expertise that he has acquired while employeed at my company.

I will say that during my walk in life, I made many mistakes and stumbled numerous times. Who of us have not. I always got up, dusted off my jeans and becoming a better person for it. I trust in the Lord that Matts rocky road will be a lesson learned and I know without question that he will become a better person for it.

RW

onesource

Only 2 posts?
AKA Matt C.?
I want to personnaly address the threads regarding Matt Cuellar.

Matt is a wonderful man who just got mixed up in the world of fast moving technology and wheelin/dealin. His actions that are being questioned were wrong & misleading and he will be answering to a higher power than me about this.

Please understand the comments are about Matt not the company he has been working for. Unica digital continues to provide excellent solutions for printers, media and color management to the sign shop communities. Many of you know that Matt has provided you with great solutions, pefect support and a desire to help you grow your business.

I am sorry if anyone has been hurt or deceived due to his actions. Again these are not related to Unica digital and all hardware that has been sourced through our company will be fully supported as expected. What has transpired is and should not be a reflection of our company philosophy.

I am leaving my doors open to anyone who would like to further discuss this matter. My phone # is 425.767.3136. Please call me at your convenience.

Matt's future depends on his ability to fully understand what he was doing wrong, make ammends as his heart would require. I am still open to having Matt be a part of my company and truly value the expertise that he has acquired while employeed at my company.

I will say that during my walk in life, I made many mistakes and stumbled numerous times. Who of us have not. I always got up, dusted off my jeans and becoming a better person for it. I trust in the Lord that Matts rocky road will be a lesson learned and I know without question that he will become a better person for it.

RW

Jackpine

That is probably the most impressive response to ANYTHING I've ever read on this board.
I agree with you Pat. I have followed the equipment posts and Matt's other post with interest. He seemed to be a very helpful person on this forum. I personally wish him and Unica Dgital the best. I am mostly impressed with Robertw's response. We all can gain from his example.

gnemmas

Wow, this is what we business owners' worst nightmare!

It is like your best salesperson, went out sells $5,000 channel letters for $4000, collected in full, and turn-in $2500 as deposit, pockets $1500. Then the customer gets a bill for $2500 balance.

Art Unica is a reputable co & the owner is a stand up guy that will sort out everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.