• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Closing Christmas through New Year

heyskull

We have always closed for the complete Christmas, New Year period in the UK.
Basically their will be no one with any money to spend on silly signs!!!
Always you can either get a lull or a stampede before Christmas, but this year I predict a stampede and I will eat my hat if it doesn't happen. Do you want to know why?.............

From the 1st of January Value added Tax (VAT) will be changed from 17.5% to 20% this was changed back to 15% in 2009 because of the global recession and put back to 17.5% in January 2010!

This adjustment next year is going to make it a hard one!

I expect clients to panic at the end of the year so as to get the price at the old VAT rate.
This means a busy time before Christmas!

SC

TheSnowman

We will be closed. If someone calls and leaves an urgent message I may call them back, but I won't check messages but once a day or so. We are always totally dead in December though, so it usually makes no difference.

I used to hang out just in case something happened, then I found out most of my weekly customers closed up too, so I figured why not, and it was great last year.

heyskull

I might go in and paint the workshop floor!
I hate being off over the Christmas period as my body just shuts down and I end up with man flu.

SC

J

john1

screw being closed, i'm open for the last minute shoppers to make that money! I don't make enough sales to be closed when everyone else is lol

Brandon708

screw being closed, i'm open for the last minute shoppers to make that money! I don't make enough sales to be closed when everyone else is lol

Last minute shoppers buy signs? lol thats news to me.

Everyone should be off christmas eve, Christmas, New Years eve. Spend time with your family! The holidays are great!

SameDay Signs

I Wish I got to close up. We stay open here from the 26th-30th. We advertise how we can get stuff done for New Years Eve parties and such....But hey I never get mad making more money specially since it gets some money back I spend on Christmas

signrios

i'm closing as soon as the kids get out of school on the 20th
i'm going down to mexico for 2 weeks(by choice) a great part of been self-employed!!

and hopefully i can make it back:rock-n-roll:
i turn off my phone and forget about it!!!:bushmill: tequila in this case

btropical.com

My nephew went to cocoa for the week to watch the shuttle never go off so he basically used his vacation , Tint and Signs will be closed but Taco joint and Towing will be open . Going to goto keaton beach and do some hog hunting <Insert picture of wild hog > Probably some Gino Like activities for sure

We allways have a massive blow out xmas eve !

Last edited:

MikePro

always "close" @ noon the day before xmas eve and have a paid holiday party for the shop... but then reopen the day after xmas through new year's eve and close for new year's day.

SignosaurusRex

Kinda-sorta-closed. Spring cleaning the shop 7 months late, spending some time with my grown-up children and sleeping in late (hopefully :rolleyes:)

petepaz

we have a company shut down the week of july 4th and again from x-mas day till new years day seems to work out good but i do sometimes have to come in for the customer begging they need a job so as long as they have money (and more then normal) i come in
but technically we are closed