• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Closing Christmas through New Year

wildside

we usually try too, we always have good intentions, then start saying yes to jobs that have to be done...

dlndesign

Nope, sticking through it. Usually the best time to catch up on all in house projects, cleaning and prep for the new year.

Pat Whatley

Kindof. The plans right now are to be semi-opened while we remodel the shop. We'll talk to customers and we'll take orders but unless it's a rush job from a major customer (very unlikely to happen) then we'll be laying carpet and building walls.

speedmedia

Yes, we typically take this week off. Chances are normally that we are very slow and don't miss much anyways. Figure it as sort of a "refresher" before the big show starts again in January.

Thanks,
Kurt

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's 'Clean Week'. No phones, no tire kickers, no deadlines, no nothun'............

We get a lot of catch up done that week and we can party a little in between.

That week:

• 8:30am Show up. Talk and eat cookies and tell stories.
  • 9:15am Go across the street for some Christmas Cheer.
  • 10:30am Come back to shop and look around to see if anything got put away by some eves.
  • 10:45 Burp and laugh at who can make the longest burp into a word.
  • 11:00am go back across the street for some Christmas Cheer. :toasting:
  • 12noon Might as well stay here for lunch and have some liquid noursihment for the afternoon session.
  • 3:30pm Come back to shop and make sure it hasn't been stolen by the Grinch ??
  • 3:35pm. All ish gut annnnnn wie..... gough bcka oevr to gather uup so'mo Chresshmush cheerio.
  • 7:pm Come bcsk to stop hsop and go HOme !!
Next day.... same routine but we skip the talking and eating cookies, so we go directly across the street and get right down to business................

Wow-wee.... a whole week of this................. :covereyes:

p3

That's 'Clean Week'. No phones, no tire kickers, no deadlines, no nothun'............

That week:

• 10:30am Come back to shop and look around to see if anything got put away by some eves.
  • 12noon Might as well stay here for lunch and have some liquid noursihment for the afternoon session.
  • 3:35pm. All ish gut annnnnn wie..... gough bcka oevr to gather uup so'mo Chresshmush cheerio.
Next day.... same routine but we skip the talking and eating cookies, so we go directly across the street and get right down to business................

Love the laid out itinerary. Don't be minutes late.

Mosh

Since all of my "employees" have went south for the winter (some not by their own choosing) I am busy so I plan to stay open. Who knows, it is still a month away, this may change.

surf city

That week:

Note to self........head up to Gino's that week.

joeshaul

I'm thinking about closing up the two weeks prior to Christmas, mainly because of my World of Warcraft addiction though!

Letterbox Mike

My wife and I are going to go to Boston that week but the shop will still be open. Usually a fairly slow time of the year but we have a few customers who rely on us that week so we can't totally close as much as I'd like to.

Jillbeans

I'll close Christmas Eve and day.
Closed New Year's Eve too, and day (Winter Classic in Pittsburgh!!!!)
I kinda like to be open for last minute gift type jobs.
My daughter's baby is due in early January so I'll close up for two weeks whenever that decides to happen.
(probably New's Year's Day during the Winter Classic in Pittsburgh)
Love....Jill

Gene@mpls

We go to sunny San Diego that week- sometimes we leave one poor
individual here- I can run the printers long distance if necessary.