• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone from GRAPHTEC ON THIS FORUM

PMG

Ive have issues with my FC 7000-130.. I sent the cutter in to have repaired..Opie from Graphtec changed the motherboard out and i got the machine back and it still has the same issue. so i called them back about a monthe ago....Opie from Graphtec was taking care of the issue,well from what i was told he was fired,now i get no return calls back from graphtec ,im about to contact my lawyer on this issue...i have been put off way to long,at this point and time they can take this machine back i have had this issue from day 1 with this machine and nobody seem to know what the problem is,,here is the problem....i get saw tooth cuts on curves only. as it stands now...i want a new machine,,like i said this wont be the first time for this issue,ive been with out it for to long and im feed up,they need to send me a new Machine before i lawyer up.Sorry had to vent:thankyou:

Attachments

• 06-19-08_1529.jpg
    06-19-08_1529.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 117

RVSG-THOM

i'll just ask the dumb question... What quality are you using with your plotter? When i first started, I was told that quality 6 was better, till I read the manual, and found out that quality 1 was the best quality for cutting and this was with one of their old plotters. When I changed that setting was when a lot of issues went away.

PMG

Im running quality 2..when we change them it makes it worse. :frustrated: everything is new on this machine ..the blade holder/spring/blade/strip/motherboard...there is no slip in the head and everything is clean.

AKWD

Yeah, that's way too long to deal with a problem like that, to only get a deaf ear now. As RVSG-THOM suggested, try to isolate issues on your system first, then move onto hardware. It does sound like you've done so already, and the fact that that setting makes it worse would frustrate the crap outta me.

I know I had an issue with my *cough*Master*cough* being jagged (Not quite like your issue) - I had to turn up the cut resolution and tweak a buncha settings in Flexi, and now the machine sings.

The aspect that sticks out at me is the fact that it looks like it moves the head, then continues the cut in the new direction. What is the size of area we're looking at here? This 2 inches? 2 feet? The up-curve seems like a nice smooth curve from what we can see (On the left side); That makes me wonder even more.

What I would do, and would suggest is go through your settings one more time with a fine-toothed comb to make 100% sure it isn't a setting.

woolly

i have the same machine and i am sorry to hear of your problems as this is not normal.
does this happen with a circle or just text curves
the pic looks like the step pass command is not set to 0 in the plotter menu i had a play with this command due to the large amount of points corel put in to contours no gain so back to 0.
graphtec have 3 step commands
step distance between different x.y normally .1mm
step pass should be 0 number of steps to miss out can be set between 0 -20 if higher than 0 the arc will be out of shape.
step used in the registration mark seek process distance between marks
if using the controller these commands are in there.

coluld be a load of waffle but worth a look

i do hope you have this sorted as i love mine and would normally recomend this machine.

woolly

PMG

Thanks for the reply's......when i got it back the first time after Graphtec replaced the mother board,what they did was upgrade the mother board to a MK2 series because they thought it was a motherboard issue,when i got it back the display didnt work and still had the cut issue,when i called Opie back he had a tech go over ever setting with no changes in the results,then they said the will call back for a loaner and ship it out,,i got the loaner and it was some old machine and i have not herd from them for 3 weeks now and when i call all i get is a recorder and no return calls back.....im just about fed up and going to demand a new machine,:banghead:

Last edited:

Techman

Is this happening on a FONT or any regular vector? IF its a font try a known good quality font.
If it goes away then you know its not the machine.

SignosaurusRex

I believe "techsupport" (a member here) is actually a Graphtec tech. I'm surprised they have not jumped in yet unless "techsupport" is Opie

PMG

got it from Sign Warehouse and they sent me to Graphtec,they handle the 3 warranty on them not SW.

SignosaurusRex

You might try opening up the right hand side cover and inspect the pulleys and belts. Some early models of the FC 7000 had pulleys made from plastic and can break, Mostly on the -130's. I'd be willing to bet that if the pulleys are fine you may have some foreign object stuck in a gear tooth or something or a loose screw or mounting inside. Its been awhile since I've had mine open for inspection or cleaning so I don't recall the layout of the insides.

woolly

hi
looking for something else and found this may be may be not, but you shold be running in the other mode anyway

woolly

• Circle-Command Resolution Setting (CIRCLE RESOLUTION)
Note: This function can only be specified when the COMMAND setting is HP-GL™.​
This function sets whether the resolution is automatically set or fixed at a constant 5 degrees when a
plotter circle command is output while the COMMAND setting is HP-GL™.​