• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a recomendation for window clings?

paperstrategies

I have a customer looking for a rather large run of interior window clings. I'll need to give them a few different options and proposals as to the material and application. They want to be able to apply these themselves and the piece will be bigger than 42" square. Any tips? I know of low tac clear and static window material, but unsure of how to "idiot-proof" it. Thanks in advance!

Andriy

Phototex has this suction based clear with no adhesive, easier to apply than cling as it feels more film like.
Glass adhere or something like that is the name of it but it's the same company.

EDIT: Found the website to it, check it out. http://www.glassadhere.com/

Last edited:

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Stouse.com

There is no such thing as idiot proof.

Static clings installed with soap and water are as easy as it gets so the best you can do is provide clear directions with the graphic. I the customer is willing I would even charge for a cheap squeegee. I would wrap the directions around the graphic if you are shipping them. That way they are guaranteed to see them.

paperstrategies

Stouse.com

There is no such thing as idiot proof.

Static clings installed with soap and water are as easy as it gets so the best you can do is provide clear directions with the graphic. I the customer is willing I would even charge for a cheap squeegee. I would wrap the directions around the graphic if you are shipping them. That way they are guaranteed to see them.

Too true, I'm afraid. We were going to give them directions around the squeegee haha! Thanks Guys! Much appreciated.

evie

I have a customer looking for a rather large run of interior window clings. I'll need to give them a few different options and proposals as to the material and application. They want to be able to apply these themselves and the piece will be bigger than 42" square. Any tips? I know of low tac clear and static window material, but unsure of how to "idiot-proof" it. Thanks in advance!
I use General Formulations DBM20854 STATIC CLING. I do a lot of static clings, and this is all I use.

BALLPARK

Phototex has this suction based clear with no adhesive, easier to apply than cling as it feels more film like.
Glass adhere or something like that is the name of it but it's the same company.

I've used the Glass Adhere. It's good stuff.

Where would I purchase this material? I checked the glassadhere out and it is pretty impressive. The more options, the merrier!

I have moved quite a few of our clients over to GlassAdHere and they love it! It's the perfect solution for window based Ads. You can wet apply or dry apply. It has a great white point for the base and it can be reused as well.

Get a sample and you will be hooked! I no longer even stock clear or white window cling media. We still have some in the box and I hope it stays there as GlassAdHere is far superior in my eyes.

paperstrategies

Got the sample in. Man this stuff is awesome! Just wanted to say thanks again! (I spent a good half hour sticking it to everything trying to find something it wouldnt stick to!)