• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a Roland Pro 3?

james2

I have been trying to print some vinyl/wallpaper material through my Roland and have been running into a problem...

The Pro 3 has only 6 pinch rollers and sometimes the material might pucker up a tiny bit between the rollers which will cause a slight head strike and smear the ink.

Has anyone else experienced this, if so what could be a solution? It would be nice if you could add more rollers. Is there a way to flatten the material all the way across before it is fed underneath the print head?

It obviously does not happen with material that is more flexible like vinyl only with the more stiff media.

ANY suggestions??

victorsign

xc-540 PRO

I would like to help out, but not able to get mine running the way it is supose to, back printing on my sp-540v printer, while my new printer sits idel in the corner until my rep can show up.Bannig issuses,called roland still no fix.

chopper

I have had the same problem with my sp-330v and what I did is set the heat to a lower temp and just before I run a print I lift up the pinch roller controll arm and rest the vinyl and it takes care of it hope this helps you
//chopper

2NinerNiner2

In addition to what 'Chopper' says about lowering the heat, what I do when printing banner with my SP-300 is attach a weight to the leading edge of the banner material and leave it there until enough has printed that their is sufficient weight to keep it taut. This has cured, for me, the problem you describe with your XC-540s :) I use a VERY low-tech method: tape an empty 3" core to the leading edge! Hey, as mentioned, works for me (along with a lower heat setting):thumb:

james2

I would of thought a higher temp would cause the material to relax a bit...
maybe it's doing the opposite?

If it's impossible to add more rollers, I wonder if someone can design a longer roller?

I tried putting weight on the material from the front of the printer as it's being printed. Maybe weight on the back would help? More rollers or wider rollers would really help.

If putting weight on the material helps a bit, I can't imagine doing that for 50 feet straight.

damn, i wish there was an easy solution.
I really would like to use this media.