• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have any thoughts? Bad media?

So I just opened up a roll of Orajet 3164 Matte and I am trying to print on it with really bad results (see pictures) The yellow and black and blue and black are completely bleeding into each other but if I print solid black type it prints fine.
I printed a job yesterday on this machine on Orajet 3621 Matte and it printed fine.
Is the media bad?

Attachments

• IMG00184-20100914-1054.jpg
    IMG00184-20100914-1054.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG00183-20100914-1053.jpg
    IMG00183-20100914-1053.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 65

Sparky

Heaters working OK? It looks like the media is not accepting the ink (cold media) but you said that the black only prints fine? Hmmm

ok so an update...
I changed the media back to the 3621 and it is printing ok. not great but ok.
I am however noticing that the heaters are not heating up like they usually do any thoughts on the heater situation and/or the printing?

cdiesel

It looks to me like you're printing cold. Can you turn the heat up from the control panel and verify that the platen is supposed to be hot?

jc1cell

ok so an update...
I am however noticing that the heaters are not heating up like they usually do any thoughts on the heater situation and/or the printing?

The ink seems like it's puddling and not sticking. You need to verify your heat settings through your rip or via the machines front panel. Make sure you didn't change to a media setting that has a low heat setting.

jc

sfr table hockey

ok so an update...

Not sure on a Mutoh but I have heard of heat strips coming loose from the platten and still read the right temp, but were no longer in contact with the platten.

CheapVehicleWrap

Not sure on a Mutoh but I have heard of heat strips coming loose from the platten and still read the right temp, but were no longer in contact with the platten.

On my 1614 I had to take the post heater assembly and electronics off to fit it through a second story window. If I recall correctly the strips were mounted fairly securely.

It is definitely a heater issue. Neither the front or back heater is working. Is there a fuse? Board? Any way to test this to figure out whats wrong?

Headhunterx

I am getting ready to part out a 64" That has working heaters on it if you find out the heaters have went bad PM me and maybe I can help out.

Richard

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Double check your heat settings in your software.
Sounds like you have it set to "use printer setting" which may be off.

ok so here's an update! My heater is kind of working...
It heats for a little while then it stops heating. The screen still says that it is on but it just stops heating after a while.
Thats one of my problems.
The other issue is, I was printing a test print and I got a pretty bad head strike. Now all of the sudden I am getting no ink from the cyan or mag. Anyone have any thoughts on either issue? Is it possible for a head strike to actually kill the head like that? I tried doing a few head soaks and still no luck.
Thanks

mikey-Oh

just a suggestion, try drawing the cyan and magenta through with a syringe. makes sure the inks flowing