• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have one of these?

MikeD

Is Royal Sovereign the manufacturer that Seal uses? I would like to have something like this for my Seal EP42...I actually came into this forum to search for info regarding tension settings...I can't get rid of the wrinkles!
Can someone direct me to a good resource? the manual does not address optimal tension settings.

MikePro

my cure for wrinkles is a two-step process:
1) set a proper "web"
2) using cotton gloves, I wipe my print from center>outward left/right as the laminator operates. Removes any random debris AND helps keep the "flow" of your sheet moving outward as it travels into the rollers.

I also laminate as 50lbs of pressure, which is basically the lowest setting. Anytime I've dialed it up higher, wrinkles appear more often.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
we have one of the RSH Models...good machine. we use it and use it a lot. works well. Keeping it running properly can be a pain at times...but its been a workhorse.

MikeD

I also laminate as 50lbs of pressure, which is basically the lowest setting. Anytime I've dialed it up higher, wrinkles appear more often.

My Seal EP42 has different Nip Adjustment Settings for different thickness, but I don't see any fine tuning between them for pressure.

How do you set the tension for your feed rolls?
Since you are using the lowest setting for pressure on your machine, I'm thinking I would need to have my tension knobs for waste paper and laminate set very low.

I'm going to give it a shot.
Thanks for the advise!

Sticky Signs

As a rule of thumb I use as little tensions where and whenever possible. If I do use tension, it's usually only at about 25%.