• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have something about RTA vinyl for customers?

TheSnowman

I have all these customers that come in acting like they know more about cutting and installing vinyl than I do day after day after day, then when it's time to pick it up and pay, they waste my time trying to have me hold their hand through the installation process, and quite frankly, it's starting to get annoying. Had they not acted like pompus jerks that know more than me, I wouldn't have such a beef, but regardless...it's a big time waster.

Anyone have a handout that they give away w/ RTA vinyl that they would be willing to share? I have often thought about just pointing them to YouTube or something...but I figured the more I can keep them out of the "it's just a sticker" mentality...and inform them easily in my shop, the better it would be.

Am I the only one that deals with this?

BadAss

Here is a pic of the card we give out to our RTA customers...M*

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 96

phototec

Decal instructions

Anyone have a handout that they give away w/ RTA vinyl that they would be willing to share?

About 5 years ago, I made a Phu Lam Vietnam rear window decal for my Rodeo, and driving one day, some guy noticed my decal, said he served at Phu Lam Vietnam in 1970, wanted to know if I could make two sets for him, which I did.

Later, some other guys that served at Phu Lam found out about the decals, and before long I had orders coming by email from all over the united states. I would customize the decals for the specific year they served and mail them to the customer, many had no idea how to install the decal, so I created a two page pdf installation sheet which I would print out and send with the decals, and or just email to the customer. I have attached a copy of the instruction sheet I created.

Feel free to use it if you think it would help.

Attachments

• PhuLam Decal (email).jpg
    PhuLam Decal (email).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Phu lam decal instruction (1&2).pdf
    150.1 KB · Views: 214

OldPaint

R.T.A. has the warranty that magnetics have!!!
i tell em its good for 5/50. 5 MINUTE OR 50 MILE PER HOUR*****
whichever occurs 1st after i hand it to them))))))))))))))))))

TheSnowman

Feel free to use it if you think it would help.
That is a pretty descriptive form. I think I will print a stack of them and hand them to people that want to put their own on there. Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Oh, and if you don't mind...I will leave your email on there, so they can bug you if they have any questions! LOL.

AUTO-FX

Hey, that really is nice phototec. You should get royalties!

Mine looks like a preschooler made it up. here it is just for laughs!

Attachments

• DECAL APP DRY.pdf
    172.9 KB · Views: 127

phototec

"That is a pretty descriptive form"

That is a pretty descriptive form. I think I will print a stack of them and hand them to people that want to put their own on there. Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Oh, and if you don't mind...I will leave your email on there, so they can bug you if they have any questions! LOL.

Kraigsnowden, I'm sorry about leaving the my email address on there, I just attached the file without opening it. You are more then welcome to put your email address over mine, so they can contact you, after all, they are your customers NOT mine!