• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have trouble contacting Merritt?

wildside

wow, hope our not going for brownie points...lol....

if there is an issue with a company it should be handled outside of a internet forum, is merritt good or bad?, never needed their services so i do not know

i do know a lot of people on here swear by them, and alot of people dispise them, but this is not helping your case at all merritt with this type of reaction......

andy

I had heard Mike saying a few weeks ago they were very busy. I had to place an order with them and was worried about it a little since it was a rush job. Man they performed with flying colors!!! I received my order in a week from ordering it and this was from the US into Canada!

Did someone ask for Brownie points? I believe these are freshly baked and freely donated by someone who's actually done business with Mike.... enjoy... they're still warm:smile:

I find this thread quite hard to believe.... Merrit are clearly a very good company who find themselves inundated with enquiries. From what Mike has said thus far the business is scatter gunning money at equipment suppliers to drag in more equipment... they're also using this thread to appeal for more staff.

Given the circumstances what more do you want from Mike? Increased production capacity? Check. Hiring of extra staff? Check. Unless we're suggesting Mike nails his eyelids open and works 24/7 I can't see what else can reasonably be expected.

Reading this thread gives one the unwritten impression that Merritt must really be rather good at what they do... otherwise why is everyone getting so upset? If you want cr@p done quick there are loads of rubbish suppliers sitting around just waiting for your email to drop in the inbox.

wow, hope our not going for brownie points...lol....

if there is an issue with a company it should be handled outside of a internet forum, is merritt good or bad?, never needed their services so i do not know

i do know a lot of people on here swear by them, and alot of people dispise them, but this is not helping your case at all merritt with this type of reaction......

I am not looking to "help my case". It is evident we have a customer service issue and a client fell through the cracks.

All I can do is relay the situation and demand it gets fixed. The development of the Signs 101 family was my doing from day one...

I am an Ops guy (as 90% of you are). I make sure operations and production gets done and done right. I manage 35 employees who between all shifts work 24/7.. I used to handle all Signs 101 clients first hand as for I loved working with shops that wanted to branch out and work with us. The growth amongst my primary responsibilities is at a level that I really only concentrate on production and getting major hi volume/ hi revenue jobs out.

Now new 101 clients have been shifted to sales account managers. Which is apparent the attention to this has been a complete problem> both pricing and expectations.

Now as of today back to the old school... Just follow the info below...

Signs 101 quotes:
mfailla@merritgraphics.com
cell:860 883 7642

Email is the best..

signmeup

Now that's how it's done! Good job Mike!

This may or may not be helpful as you have now added your contact info to your signature, but you might want to consider changing the homepage link in your profile. If a new Signs101er clicks it they will be taken to the Merritt Graphics homepage where they can click "contact us" or dial a toll free number. This does not appear to get them directly in contact with you, which seems to be where things can start to go wrong.

ForgeInc

Can't say I've ever done business with Merritt, but I have learned some valuable advice from Mike in various threads. That on top of being as busy as ya are....Way to handle it like a pro, nicely done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know………

It’s kinda hard reading through a thread like this when it’s quite obvious there could be a problem and someone…… not necessarily the OP here, but in other similar threads just goes out and bashes a good reputable Merchant Member when it’s a problem that needs to be addressed..... and then it just snowballs from there, uncontrollably.

I have nothing but good to say about Mike and his company, but I can see if you have that much work going through a shop, that some things are bound to get knocked around.

We just had a similar problem with one of our vendors. I’d order something and it wouldn’t come in as promised or the wrong thing came in or as in the most recent case, the guy just said, sorry, nothing I can do about it. I know they are going through some growing pains and I try to just gulp hard and make do. However, this last one got to me as I had explained to the guy I really needed these in a hurry and he said…. You got it. At 11am the next day, when I called him and told him he sent the wrong application tape and forgot my grommets for an order due at lunchtime….. he just said… sorry, nothing I can do about it til Monday.

Late that afternoon, I needed to call them about pricing some aluminum composite, so, this time, I asked for the main person. He got on and we discussed pricing for my aluminum. I then told him I needed to address something and told him how in the past 4 or 5 months about all the orders we received wrong, not at all or just not handled professionally. I wasn’t mad or angry and didn’t want the guy to get in trouble, but he needed to know what was going on in order to fix the problem. He thanked me for bringing this to his attention and that he only hears about the bigger blow-ups and didn’t really know habits or problems were creeping into their everyday services.

It was handled in less than 5 minutes and there was no bashing, no pissing back and forth and most of all, he thanked me for trying to help his company. Something like this can hurt all of us and that’s why I can’t help but think, if you guys would solve your problems on a higher note instead of using s101 to get dirty laundry aired and make everyone defend or tear down perfectly good people, not to mention about one of the best and most professional companies here at s101, it would all be for the betterment of :signs101: . Oh yeah…. and not to mention, but probably a good contributor to funding this place.

tcorn1965

Something like this can hurt all of us and that’s why I can’t help but think, if you guys would solve your problems on a higher note instead of using s101 to get dirty laundry aired and make everyone defend or tear down perfectly good people, not to mention about one of the best and most professional companies here at s101, it would all be for the betterment of :signs101: . Oh yeah…. and not to mention, but probably a good contributor to funding this place.

:thumb: If you send someone a RFQ and they do not get back to you, IN YOUR PERCEPTION, in a timely manner...Go with the other companies you asked for a quote...Oh, you only asked the one company for a quote, and on the busiest time of the year for a wholesale sign company. Instead of going through the proper channels to remedy you think you can fast track by using this forum to guilt them in to bending over for you...wow.

FS-Keith

Ya know………

It’s kinda hard reading through a thread like this when it’s quite obvious there could be a problem and someone…… not necessarily the OP here, but in other similar threads just goes out and bashes a good reputable Merchant Member when it’s a problem that needs to be addressed..... and then it just snowballs from there, uncontrollably.

I have nothing but good to say about Mike and his company, but I can see if you have that much work going through a shop, that some things are bound to get knocked around.

We just had a similar problem with one of our vendors. I’d order something and it wouldn’t come in as promised or the wrong thing came in or as in the most recent case, the guy just said, sorry, nothing I can do about it. I know they are going through some growing pains and I try to just gulp hard and make do. However, this last one got to me as I had explained to the guy I really needed these in a hurry and he said…. You got it. At 11am the next day, when I called him and told him he sent the wrong application tape and forgot my grommets for an order due at lunchtime….. he just said… sorry, nothing I can do about it til Monday.

Late that afternoon, I needed to call them about pricing some aluminum composite, so, this time, I asked for the main person. He got on and we discussed pricing for my aluminum. I then told him I needed to address something and told him how in the past 4 or 5 months about all the orders we received wrong, not at all or just not handled professionally. I wasn’t mad or angry and didn’t want the guy to get in trouble, but he needed to know what was going on in order to fix the problem. He thanked me for bringing this to his attention and that he only hears about the bigger blow-ups and didn’t really know habits or problems were creeping into their everyday services.

It was handled in less than 5 minutes and there was no bashing, no pissing back and forth and most of all, he thanked me for trying to help his company. Something like this can hurt all of us and that’s why I can’t help but think, if you guys would solve your problems on a higher note instead of using s101 to get dirty laundry aired and make everyone defend or tear down perfectly good people, not to mention about one of the best and most professional companies here at s101, it would all be for the betterment of :signs101: . Oh yeah…. and not to mention, but probably a good contributor to funding this place.

I am having the exact same issues every now and then with them too.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I am having the exact same issues every now and then with them too.

Not saying you're not gonna have problems from time to time, but why on earth bring your problems here to purposely try to hurt someone's good name ??

What's with people that can't get through once or twice and then automatically, that makes the vendor the bad guy ??

We're wholesalers, not babysitters. Here at s101 for the most part, we're all running a business of some sort. One man shops to 50 man shops. We're all the same. Exactly the same. The only difference is how many zeros and commas are in front of your decimal point compared to mine or someone else.

So, you’re gonna tell me in a year’s time that you get back to each and every phone call, e-mail and fax without a hiccup ?? C’mon, if you’re honest, you know things happen. You forget, you delete something by mistake or whatever, but it happens. Now just multiply that by some number to get to the same proportionate number for Merritt and I‘ll bet you almost anything, their average is better than yours.

For cripe’s sake….. how many people are on this forum who brag how someone is hounding them for work and they don’t want to do it, or they’re so busy, they’re gonna raise their prices or they fire the customer….. just because they feel like it….. and those same people are hounding someone for hitting about a 97% or 98% callback or whatever , but gets crucified for missing one……. how many was it again this year for Mike ?? Something like 5 or 6 ??

There are always going to be problems, but does it help you or others to always bad mouth someone, just because you’re behind a keyboard ?? Granted, there have been those that needed to be sought out and reprimanded, but in my opinion…. only after all the details have been discussed and a true evaluation takes place. Not this taking the law into your own hands and purposely trying to hurt others. That’s plain old bad business.

Got a problem ?? Try first to solve it on the up and up, find the proper procedure to handle your own business affairs and then bring it here for an open forum discussion on how to get help….. just not condemning the other party before it’s completely necessary.
:thankyou:

petepaz

:thumb: If you send someone a RFQ and they do not get back to you, IN YOUR PERCEPTION, in a timely manner...Go with the other companies you asked for a quote...Oh, you only asked the one company for a quote, and on the busiest time of the year for a wholesale sign company. Instead of going through the proper channels to remedy you think you can fast track by using this forum to guilt them in to bending over for you...wow.

we have used merritt many times with great quality and service. there have been a coulple of times i had trouble getting in touch with mike so i would follow up with a call, got things resolved, good to go and it never went longer then a day or two.
i my self have been really busy and not been able to get back to a customer as quick as they would have liked. doesn't mean i don't value their business but it happens. once merritt has my job it always gets done when he says it will be done and the quality is always good also the pricing is always good so with all that said if that means every once in a while i have to follow up with a phone call to get a quote i think we are doing ok

petepaz

i had a big job for a customer about a month ago. not a huge quantity but a big prioity for my customer it was for sephora, fashion week in NY. they customer hounded me the whole time for the items i was making and the stuff mike was making. mike was really busy at the time and someone else at merrit said they were to busy to get the job done when i needed it but mike had quoted it to be done on time and he made sure it was done (my PITA of a customer even went and picked it up from jersey up at merritt) my customer had nothing but good to say about merrit. they showed him around the plant and what they do and so on. bottom line in our experiences mike has gone out of his way to make sure our jobs got done and i am sure we are just a drop in the bucket of merritt's business

jasonx

Another QS2000 and Another LX800.

Also just added the Fotoba Dreamcut. Awesome xy cutter R2R amazingly fast... Cuts 300 foot rolls in 20 minutes.

Still need more bodies... Anyone want a job??? (no joke)

What's the minimum size the dream cut can cut? Is the adhesive on vinyl a problem?