• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone here have Signlab?

Neil

Funny but I never use multiple instance - maybe I should give it a try.
I do love Signlab though and the new V8 is another step up.
I hardly ever have to use other programs for image editing - you can do a lot from within Signlab and it's all so quick and easy.

The rip is awesome. Some people don't get their head around it but I've made my own profiles using their profile wizard and an Eye One and the output I get is spot on.

WRAPS

i tried a demo of 8 and it make beautiful colors come out of my printer.way better than flexi or colorchoice is doin for me now.

Alan D

Signlab V8 here too but only the vinyl version. From what I understand the main improvements were in the print and cut although Gimp integration is also in the vinyl version - overall very good and the upgrade price here in the UK was reasonable.
Alan D

heyskull

I am a long time user of Signlab. I am using 7.1 and I don't see much cause for upgrading to 8. Signlab 7.1 can support pulg-ins also!
This programme is wonderfull for making and designing signs.
But (and here is a big BUT) I would never ever use it to run a wide format printer.
We have struggled on for years trying to match colours or even just to get it to look like what's on the screen with no luck.
Recently upgraded all the machinery got a big valuejet and using wasatch RIP.
Strangley all our problems when using printer have gone and can only put it down to the RIP in signlab.
There are too many things the end user can alter. I like most people just want it too look something similair. You cannot colour match with a cmyk printer! You can simulate colours but they will always be only your best guess.

Sean

a+signgal

I bough sign lab 6.1 several years ago when I got my Edge. I was used to using Gerber's Graphix Advantage and the learning curve for signlab was too steep. I had bought 2 signlab programs which literally sat in the drawer for all these years until my security dongle for GA took a dump last year. I was thrown into signlab cold turkey in the middle of the busy summer. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. Since then I have upgraded to sign lab 7 print cut version and pretty much have the hang of it now. When I bought my Mutoh 3 years ago they recommended Flexi. I made signwarehouse agree to teach me the program before I would buy the equipment. I couldn't beleive how easy Flexi was. I love it! I am however looking at the upgrade to signlab 8. Just got a flyer today and it has a lot more features and fills added.
Sign Gal

dpink

As a long time Flexi user I am thinking of switching to Signlab, so does this happen much in Signlab?

Sorry to be a Thread Pirate but I wanted to put this question in here so as not to throw an "I like this, I hate that debate" and tick of some folks that are down for flexi in that other thread.

It has happened to me in previous versions (5.0 r6.5) but CAD Link is pretty adept at making changes to the software. All the problems I have ever had are not in the newest versions. (ie over a gig of ram=no undo, etc)