• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone make Spindles for staircase?

TheSellOut

Here they are and I would be looking for 5. They staircase only needs 3 but thought it would be good to have a couple extra!

OldPaint

i have 3 0f these. circa 1890's.

Attachments

• oldcars 005.jpg
    oldcars 005.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 134
  • oldcars 006.jpg
    oldcars 006.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 133
  • oldcars 007.jpg
    oldcars 007.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 135

Mal

Re the spindles, check out any architectural salvage places within a decent drive. You won't find a better match than with material that's contemporary to your stairs. Out here in Eastern Ontario I haunt several places to outfit my old house, and I never go home disappointed or empty handed.---mal

signmeup

Yeah, I can make those. Skinny little things aren't they. Send one up if you can't find anyone closer. I'm in Nova Scotia.

You'll never get a matching part off a cnc machine or copy lathe BTW....those are hand did.

TheSellOut

PM me your address and I will ship one up! They are skinny, about 2" and they have to be handmade for the house was built in the 20's and its all original woodwork. Heres a pic of the entry way. We still have shoemolding to put on after just have the floors refinished and are going to be carpeting the stairs instead of refinishing them, at the moment, due to having a 7 month old bouncing baby girl!

What do you think it will cost? I definatly need four. And I would like to have you stain them as well!

Attachments

• P1050255.JPG
    P1050255.JPG
    366.2 KB · Views: 131

signmeup

I would estimate $40 a piece. I can't be more definite until I see the finish. Matching the aged ones is an art in itself.

iceracer

Nice staircase. my wife and I such suckers for old homes ( our current 1926, the former 1901) but when you see stuff like you have in the previous post, it makes the headaches that often accommodate them all worthwhile.