• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone seeing a slowdown due to coronavirus?

VonsGraphix1969

Getting REAL SLOW here in NJ.... Im in Hackensack, NJ Bergen County and Teaneck is the next town over and all around here is in lockdown... Stores like Shop Rite & StopNShop are limiting how many people are allowed in the store at once... Making a ton of warning signs though for all the local hospitals with the Covid19 stuff going around.....

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
The good news is I had thurs/fri off, back today to organise some bits and pieces then back off tomorrow and managing to stay caught up. More time in bed for me!

JetPress

South Texas here and it wasn't until this weekend that we really saw the store shelves get hit. There was also several announcements that a lot of local events got cancelled and so we're the sign/banner orders. We're still busy but we will see how the rest of the week goes.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Not looking forward to my finances being a complete shambles.

nothing to do with lost work, I just heard that 88 couples in China got out of quarantine then immediately filed for divorce!

TimToad

You know, while we are on the political divide. I have to wonder, democrats tend to be in more urban areas, close contact with others. I have to wonder if their fear could also be heightened by that as well. While conversely, Republicans tend to be in more rural areas (hence where we get some of the stereotyping as well) where level of contact is not quite the same. Thus the level of worry is not the same.

Somehow I'm thinking it's got way more to do with stuff like this, than purely geographical in nature. Even as recently as the 9th of March, Drumpf and his sycophants on various far right media were still peddling the "liberal, fake news, hoax" narrative. Many still are even if he is coming around that doing so is killing people and driving the market into the ground.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-truthers-prey-on-the-anxiety-of-the-moment-185549280.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/business/media/trish-regan-fox-hiatus.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-democrats-working-to-inflame-the-coronavirus

rjssigns

Somehow I'm thinking it's got way more to do with stuff like this, than purely geographical in nature. Even as recently as the 9th of March, Drumpf and his sycophants on various far right media were still peddling the "liberal, fake news, hoax" narrative. Many still are even if he is coming around that doing so is killing people and driving the market into the ground.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-truthers-prey-on-the-anxiety-of-the-moment-185549280.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-democrats-working-to-inflame-the-coronavirus

Looks like some were more concerned with impeachment instead of addressing the coronavirus.

• January 11: Chinese state media report the first known death from an illness originating in the Wuhan market.
  • January 15: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) holds a vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate the “solemn” occasion with a signing ceremony, using commemorative pens.
  • January 21: The first person with coronavirus arrives in the United States from China, where he had been in Wuhan.
  • January 23: The House impeachment managers make their opening arguments for removing President Trump.
  • January 23: China closes off the city of Wuhan completely to slow the spread of coronavirus to the rest of China.
  • January 30: Senators begin asking two days of questions of both sides in the president’s impeachment trial.
  • January 30: The World Health Organization declares a global health emergency as coronavirus continues to spread.
  • January 31: The Senate holds a vote on whether to allow further witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial.
  • January 31: President Trump declares a national health emergency and imposes a ban on travel to and from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden calls Trump’s decision “hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering.”
  • February 2: The first death from coronavirus outside China is reported in the Philippines.
  • February 3: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments, calling Trump a threat to national security.
  • February 4: President Trump talks about coronavirus in his State of the Union address; Pelosi rips up every page.
  • February 5: The Senate votes to acquit President Trump on both articles of impeachment, 52-48 and 53-47.
  • February 5: House Democrats finally take up coronavirus in the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia. (Source: Breitbart News)”

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Looks like some were more concerned with impeachment instead of addressing the coronavirus.

• January 11: Chinese state media report the first known death from an illness originating in the Wuhan market.
  • January 15: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) holds a vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate the “solemn” occasion with a signing ceremony, using commemorative pens.
  • January 21: The first person with coronavirus arrives in the United States from China, where he had been in Wuhan.
  • January 23: The House impeachment managers make their opening arguments for removing President Trump.
  • January 23: China closes off the city of Wuhan completely to slow the spread of coronavirus to the rest of China.
  • January 30: Senators begin asking two days of questions of both sides in the president’s impeachment trial.
  • January 30: The World Health Organization declares a global health emergency as coronavirus continues to spread.
  • January 31: The Senate holds a vote on whether to allow further witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial.
  • January 31: President Trump declares a national health emergency and imposes a ban on travel to and from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden calls Trump’s decision “hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering.”
  • February 2: The first death from coronavirus outside China is reported in the Philippines.
  • February 3: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments, calling Trump a threat to national security.
  • February 4: President Trump talks about coronavirus in his State of the Union address; Pelosi rips up every page.
  • February 5: The Senate votes to acquit President Trump on both articles of impeachment, 52-48 and 53-47.
  • February 5: House Democrats finally take up coronavirus in the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia. (Source: Breitbart News)”

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

RISEgraphics

Trade shows are at a dead halt till maybe May for us. Just had to lay off about 20% of our employees last week.

Not sure how much weight it will bear, but there's a petition going out requesting aid for the events industry for anyone interested in signing it

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
Slowed down quite a bit here too. I have enough work to keep me busy for a few weeks and got a few orders this morning but nothing like a couple weeks ago. Local store shelves are empty. The Walmart in the next town has scraps left. Office workers are working from home. Most factories still running. Restaurants pick up and delivery only. Bars half capacity. All local government buildings are closed to the public. Schools closed. No cases in my town YET. I moved my 4x8 table in front of my counter to keep some distance from customers.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Just been to a supermarket. Pretty much every useful shelf was empty. Meats, TP, pasta etc. Alcohol completely wiped out too but that’s likely just a Scotland thing..

The real bad news is my other half has been trying to get me to try a vegan month for a while now and it just so happened that all the vegan stuff was relatively untouched.

So if anyone wants to know why I’ve suddenly became more pretentious it’s because I’m now accidentally a practicing vegan.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The last sports complex has just notified us of putting all printing on hold til mid-May. Other than that, the phones are less, but now we can concentrate on getting work finished and out the door, but not sure if anyone is gonna pick it up, at this point. Presently, the backlog is only a few weeks and with no interuptions, things will come together much faster. I have a buncha ADA signs to instal at a local hospital on Thursday. Not really looking forward to that.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
One of my larger clients put the brakes on new orders. Several jobs that I was waiting on deposit for have vanished. I had some school projects waiting to get started but I assume now that is all dead. Now my focus is on my significantly sized accounts receivable. Probably going to scrutinize extending credit on new NET 30s.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Here in NJ its really slow. My regional major accounts have postponed work due to their client demands and have had numerous jobs cancelled. Just had one client cancel an order of banners that were already made and packed up to ship after the proof approval was done. Have some jobs in house but nothing to keep us going for the time being. Everyone seems to be "when this passes.." but up until that time going to be maintenance on equipment and throwing a lot of junk away.

Getting back on the site here after a long hiatus.

TimToad

Responsibility and accountability for who is in CHARGE of informing the Congress of emerging issues, directing emergency responses, directing the CDC, etc... lies in the Executive Branch.

Your blame shifting works only to prove that inaction at the Executive Branch level and its inability to work with the other branches of government has cost us critical response time and LIVES. Passing the buck now doesn't change who ultimately is responsible for implementing emergency responses.

Did Pelosi try to muzzle the CDC experts in January and February? NOPE

Did she or the Democrats IGNORE the CDC's recommendation in January of issuing a travel warning to those over 60? NOPE

Did she go on FOXnews and the media and perpetuate the hoax narrative? NOPE

As recently as March 5th, Drumpf was STILL repeating and perpetuating the "liberal driven, fake news, Coronavirus hoax" conspiracy theory. That's FIVE weeks AFTER he declared a national health emergency.

The list of counterproductive things and false statements made by the leader of the effort are long and damning. You can keep thinking this is some game of partisan upmanship, or you can take it as seriously as the rest of the world is and get with the program. The number of positives in the U.S. just jumped 1,000 in a little over 24 hours.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/opinion/trump-coronavirus.html

Johnny Best

Its around the 13th century, a man named T. Zaba is living in Poland. Running around condemning King Henry II of not warning people of the upcoming Mogol Invasion. When the invaders finally do arrive in Poland, King Henry leads his troops to fight the invaders. He is killed in battle. What happened to T. Zaba, he hid in the woods to save himself during the battle and shouted to anyone that could hear, "I told you so, and I am glad Henry is dead!" But no one cared to hear such nonsense from Zaba, but he repeated it anyway.

Andy D

Tim, you can't have it both ways; Either Trump isn't/wasn't taking the virus threat seriously
enough, or he's over hyping it and scaring the market.

rjssigns

Responsibility and accountability for who is in CHARGE of informing the Congress of emerging issues, directing emergency responses, directing the CDC, etc... lies in the Executive Branch.

Your blame shifting works only to prove that inaction at the Executive Branch level and its inability to work with the other branches of government has cost us critical response time and LIVES. Passing the buck now doesn't change who ultimately is responsible for implementing emergency responses.

Did Pelosi try to muzzle the CDC experts in January and February? NOPE

No she was too busy trying to impeach the president. I don't see any factual evidence to the contrary. Timeline shows this.

Did she or the Democrats IGNORE the CDC's recommendation in January of issuing a travel warning to those over 60? NOPE

Show me the documentation where she was actively involved in this decision. I'm always willing to learn.

Did she go on FOXnews and the media and perpetuate the hoax narrative? NOPE

Trump referred to “politicizing” of the coronavirus by Democrats as “their new hoax.” He did not refer to the coronavirus itself as a hoax.

Throughout his speech, Trump reiterated that his administration is taking the threat of the coronavirus seriously.

As recently as March 5th, Drumpf was STILL repeating and perpetuating the "liberal driven, fake news, Coronavirus hoax" conspiracy theory. That's FIVE weeks AFTER he declared a national health emergency.

The list of counterproductive things and false statements made by the leader of the effort are long and damning. You can keep thinking this is some game of partisan upmanship, or you can take it as seriously as the rest of the world is and get with the program. The number of positives in the U.S. just jumped 1,000 in a little over 24 hours.

Please start listing these damning statements. Only primary source information with citations. Primary source information weeds out speculation and conjecture.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/opinion/trump-coronavirus.html

Don't let political bias cloud your critical thinking skills. The fact that one half of our elected officials were too busy with impeachment to deal with the coronavirus is quite telling.

I don't have a dog in this fight per se. I'm just trying engage in a rational fact based dialogue.

TimToad

Tim, you can't have it both ways; Either Trump isn't/wasn't taking the virus threat seriously
enough, or he's over hyping it and scaring the market.

Who cares about what I'm doing. I'm not driving the bus. I'm just a passenger on the bus worried about the driver blowing stop signs and veering back and forth.

HE can't have it both ways. Here is an example of his inconsistency on the topic as late as the 9th of THIS month.

Not to mention the abysmal failures and economic conflicts of interest in his own White House and family.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/politics/kushner-trump-coronavirus.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.30.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 9.30.29 AM.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 159

rjssigns

Who cares about what I'm doing. I'm not driving the bus. I'm just a passenger on the bus worried about the driver blowing stop signs and veering back and forth.

HE can't have it both ways. Here is an example of his inconsistency on the topic as late as the 9th of THIS month.

Not to mention the abysmal failures and economic conflicts of interest in his own White House and family.

You mean like the Bidens?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/politics/kushner-trump-coronavirus.html