• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone seeing a slowdown due to coronavirus?

AGinVT

By "helping out" do you mean taking their money in exchange for a product or service?

In addition to moving these health associations to the very front of an already overflowing line of projects, I have to get my ass up for a 7am meeting with one of these groups, so I'm going to let you guys duke it out.

I wish you and yours all the best of luck and health navigating these waters.

decalman

I took a swipe at you and this is the best you can come up with? A jab about stinky feet?

Texas sign said........
" I took a swipe at you and this is the best you can come up with? A jab about stinky feet..

Decalman ......
What kind of behavior problem CREEP gets on Signs101 for the purpose of taking Swipes at people?"

How many people do you creep out, and RUNOFF this forum ?

Theres rules against hostility towards others on this forum . I won't tolerate you or any other mentally deranged cowards, that HIDE BEHIND COMPUTERS.

You must have a ton of complaints .
You'll have another one.

decalman

I took a swipe at you and this is the best you can come up with? A jab about stinky feet?

You have No Business being here, making a career out of ABUSING OTHERS.

heres the RULES .. they will catch up with you .

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
  • Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any of the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good to know that even in the middle of a worldwide, life-changing epidemic some things will never change.

Last edited:

TimToad

You have No Business being here, making a career out of ABUSING OTHERS.

heres the RULES .. they will catch up with you .

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
  • Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any of the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities.

Unfortunately, they won't catch up because he and others like him are careful to behave as they do on the few thread categories where the behavioral guidelines are not adhered to.

If someone with over 35,000 posts and as many daily attacks and guideline violations over a decade of this site's existence as one would think should trigger some accountability isn't ever held responsible, don't hold your breath on a relative newcomer to be held accountable. Reporting posts does nothing as those reports are simply ignored or not acted upon.

TimToad

I attended church today via Zoom video conference in my office. We learned about not dividing people into "us" and "them".... It is only "us"

An Us versus Them mentality will always create a polarizing effect, never bringing people together, but only separating people more and more. Healthy conversation will never happen in such a context.

You like reading, so check this out: https://www.sermoncentral.com/pasto...-there-is-no-us-or-them-there-is-just-us-2562

Why you would direct your advice to me and not yourself and the other more provocative and divisive members only proves how tone deaf you are about civility and mutual respect. My comments are just responses to other more divisive members creating the rifts and to add factual background to the discussion.

Stacey K

I like making signs
A couple new cases in a town about 10 miles from me. Schools in WI close Wednesday. Here's something interesting....my parents called me this morning, they have a friend who is a retired military guy. He said within 48 hours Trump is going to announce a 2 week quarantine for the entire country from his sources still active in the military. Fox news says it's fake news but this guy says it's true. :confused: He instructed us to beat the rush and get you need before the announcement. Take it with a grain of salt, I heard lots of stories from this guy, some are almost unbelievable. BUT...other countries are doing it so it's not far fetched.

I did my shopping yesterday early morning, a few ladies with gloves on, 2 with masks. I have a few cases of beer and a few bottles of vodka, just in case LOL Movie theater was pretty empty Saturday for the 4:30 show, Menards was dead but then who shops at Menards on a Saturday night? LOL I'll fill my gas tank up tonight and I'm going to buy some paint so I can repaint my bathroom and kitchen. I should not really need to leave the house for anything in the next 2 weeks and should have enough to keep myself my busy. I'll do as much work as a I can from home, work on my website, pricing, all that boring stuff.

I don't think there's a reason to panic. They want to SLOW to virus down so the health care system doesn't get overwhelmed at one time. Makes sense to me. I guess we need to think of it as a 2 week unpaid vacation and get some house cleaning and projects finished up that keep getting put aside.

WildWestDesigns

You know, while we are on the political divide. I have to wonder, democrats tend to be in more urban areas, close contact with others. I have to wonder if their fear could also be heightened by that as well. While conversely, Republicans tend to be in more rural areas (hence where we get some of the stereotyping as well) where level of contact is not quite the same. Thus the level of worry is not the same.

I haven't looked into that, I just have to wonder if that's also feeding some of the divide as well and of course, you have the various polarizing spins on top of that.

I am not trying to mitigate the concern that something like this brings, I'm just trying to think of why we have such divergent scenarios (at least here and I'm talking about my state specifically) among medical personal. I'm not talking about what is coming out of news outlets, I have given up getting a lot of value from any regular news outlet long ago (on this goes for both sides of the aisle), but from medical professionals.

I also don't think anyone here has said that only old people get this virus. I think the elderly and the ones with compromised systems for other issues are typically the ones that are SOL (and that's the case more often then not in situations like this and even milder situations as well) with severity (as in death). I don't think it was said that only the elderly get this virus.

Again, I'm not trying to mitigate the severity of what's going on, I too would prefer to error on the side of caution (which is what we are doing), but I think focus is being put on the wrong areas in some instances and in those instances, it's very extremist, which leaves very little room to go anywhere. Which is not good in any situation, much less one of this type, but unfortunately is indicative the atmosphere of lately (and by lately, I mean of the last few yrs, well before something like this was on everyone's radar).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have one large freezer stocked with plenty of food for maybe 6 months, and then some. We also have 2 side-by-side refrigerators completely stocked and shelves of toilet paper, paper towels and all kindsa other supplies in the basement. We're on our own water from a well and we have a generator (in case) with about 65 gallons of gasoline for it. We're always 6 months out and we replenish things once a year, usually around the end of summer.

Unlike our resident frog who cannot count or read, no one is spreading more fear than him...... and not just on this subject. Simple and to the point. His constant accusations and whining about getting rid of me and some others is kinda annoying, but like I said earlier..... he's fun to play with and provides entertainment. I don't mind bickering with him, but he takes so many things so personally. I'm starting to think, he's like some others who are on medicine and he must be running low.

Ever notice how much smoother this place runs when he's not on ?? Seem like a trend, if ya ask me.

He kinda reminds me of that computer guy I just got rid of in the other thread...... he doesn't deliver, so why keep him around..... or even listen to him ?? :roflmao:

rossmosh

Back on topic: Things were moving along most of last week and then Friday things just stopped. The only emails I'm getting are people telling me they are postponing scheduled events. No phone calls really. Probably a handful of walk-in customers over the same period of time.

I have a bunch of work to do around the shop since acquiring another smaller shop about 6-8 weeks ago so I have stuff to do and I have some jobs due 2-4 weeks out but I just don't expect any new business over the next two weeks.

Reveal1

Back on topic: Things were moving along most of last week and then Friday things just stopped. The only emails I'm getting are people telling me they are postponing scheduled events. No phone calls really. Probably a handful of walk-in customers over the same period of time.

I have a bunch of work to do around the shop since acquiring another smaller shop about 6-8 weeks ago so I have stuff to do and I have some jobs due 2-4 weeks out but I just don't expect any new business over the next two weeks.

Same as with rossmosh, it seems as if everything got quiet on Friday and it's continued today. It even seems as if the Robocalls are fewer (maybe they are off scamming virus related targets). Glad I have several funded bigger projects in the works, but even those can potentially be unfunded.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Same as with rossmosh, it seems as if everything got quiet on Friday and it's continued today. It even seems as if the Robocalls are fewer (maybe they are off scamming virus related targets). Glad I have several funded bigger projects in the works, but even those can potentially be unfunded.

Very few phone calls here. Had one small order Friday and one this morning. Other then follow ups on some of my national projects, it's all quiet here too.

AGinVT

Good to know that even in the middle of a worldwide, life-changing epidemic some things will never change.
Ha. Right? I'm not getting this on any of the sports sites, because we have no sports for a while, so everyone might as well fight it out on Signs 101. Lol.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We've slowed down a bit - not as many calls or new sign orders. But let's talk about what this really is. and just look at the numbers.

While we have no idea how many actual cases there are because we are lagging so badly in testing, but the CDC docs seem to think we'll see 40-70% of the population infected with the coronavirus. That includes a lot of young people that won't be affected too badly. So if we go on the low end of the 320 million people in the US at 50%, that's 160 million people infected. The fatality rate is about 2% (again on the low end) - so we are looking at over 3 million people who may die... in my world that's pretty significant.

We are behind other countries as far as testing and identifying those exposed. And we are where Italy (a much smaller country) was about 2 weeks ago. We have at least 5 cases in my town... our schools are closed, 2 people in our county have died, and many people are working remotely. Our company has a plan in place for when (if) we have to close the doors, which is more than a lot of sign companies have. Florida is considered a community spread area.

Just want to remind people too... if you are young you probably won't die from coronavirus. But even if you don't have any symptoms you can pass it to your elderly mom, dad, grandparents or neighbors. And that generation has a very high mortality rate from this. We don't need to panic, but we do need to be careful.

Just my 2 cents.

Reveal1

We've slowed down a bit - not as many calls or new sign orders. But let's talk about what this really is. and just look at the numbers.

While we have no idea how many actual cases there are because we are lagging so badly in testing, but the CDC docs seem to think we'll see 40-70% of the population infected with the coronavirus. That includes a lot of young people that won't be affected too badly. So if we go on the low end of the 320 million people in the US at 50%, that's 160 million people infected. The fatality rate is about 2% (again on the low end) - so we are looking at over 3 million people who may die... in my world that's pretty significant.

We are behind other countries as far as testing and identifying those exposed. And we are where Italy (a much smaller country) was about 2 weeks ago. We have at least 5 cases in my town... our schools are closed, 2 people in our county have died, and many people are working remotely. Our company has a plan in place for when (if) we have to close the doors, which is more than a lot of sign companies have. Florida is considered a community spread area.

Just want to remind people too... if you are young you probably won't die from coronavirus. But even if you don't have any symptoms you can pass it to your elderly mom, dad, grandparents or neighbors. And that generation has a very high mortality rate from this. We don't need to panic, but we do need to be careful.

Just my 2 cents.
2% of 160 million is 320,000. Still too many if it happens, but ten times less than you stated.