• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone seeing a slowdown due to coronavirus?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
A lot of the news over here in the UK about the USA appears to be that the orange man thinks it’s just a simple flu and a lot of potential infected are being refused tests.

Suppose that’s one way to make it look like your containment efforts worked, refuse to do any tests and the numbers won’t go up lol

Stacey K

I like making signs
So, in the time I wrote my last response this morning here is what I observed in my 4000 person town. 3 people confirmed in the county next to mine last night. By no means am I trying to scare anyone - Just an observation! NO sanitizer, NO wipes at either of our 2 town stores. Nearest town of 50k - NO sanitizer at ANY STORE. My grocery store is PACKED. Assisted livings are on lockdown (no visitors, residents cannot leave), local school events allowing no fans, car dealership sent out an email stating NO shaking hands and do not come in if you have a cold.

2 weeks ago I stocked up on packaged goods at home, made sure I had toothpaste, sanitizer for work, etc - I did not go overboard. Everyone laughed at me. Well, who are the idiots are Walmart now? NOT ME LOL - Think ahead a little bit, we all let our cupboards get a little empty and our work supplies low here and there, just keep things stocked up a bit so you aren't one of these crazy people I'm seeing in my town as we speak! o_O

WildWestDesigns

I can understand the medical professionals and emergency management people being careful about the narrative they choose in delivering information to the public about a given public safety crisis. But they still have to provide timely, consistent and accurate information.

That's precisely the point. How can anyone expect everyone to do what they are supposed to do in help control something like this if information isn't any of those three things?

When government people are more concerned about "optics" than they are of being more forthcoming with accurate information they're directly undermining what it means to live in a free society.

We haven't been living in one for a very long, long time. Perception may be different, but haven't truly been living in a free society. Have it better then most, but still not totally free either.

Marshallmax

This has been our slowest start to a year in many, many years. I wouldn't associate it with the beer virus though. Sent out plenty of decent invoices, but lots of "we're still thinking about it" responses. I drove by one place and they put a banner in their 6x12 sign cabinet. Just like that banner, it's not lookin to great. Doesn't help that I'm personally burned out. One too many request for "what's the cheapest set of business cards you do?" I'm honestly about to make my minimum card order 10,000.

just out of curiosity, how do you print and cut your business cards? One machine or do you have a printer and a cutter?

petepaz

overall not really but we do have one area it's starting to disrupt. we do work with a few event/party planners and do graphics for weddings, parties and other events. just had two jobs canceled. one was a big one for GOYA luckily no special materials were ordered and no printing had begun yet

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Countries everywhere closing down, cancelling sports events, closing schools etc on expert advice

and then there’s the UK with all sports events and schools going ahead as normal as per our “expert” advice.

someone’s experts are wrong and I think I’m on the wrong side of it lol

WildWestDesigns

Countries everywhere closing down, cancelling sports events, closing schools etc on expert advice

and then there’s the UK with all sports events and schools going ahead as normal as per our “expert” advice.

someone’s experts are wrong and I think I’m on the wrong side of it lol

See that's part of the problem. Gov't and Doctors can only do so much that is true, but it doesn't help when there is conflicting evidence that are on totally opposite sides of the spectrum. Is one side blowing it up or is one side mitigating? Is it somewhere in the middle? Hard to know for either count until more information is known. Then one has to wonder is that information accurate?

The fact that here in the states this is coming in election year, doesn't bode well for either side of the spectrum (blown up side or mitigating side) as then it could easily be thought off as being done to bolster whatever narrative and party that they want to support.

The "not known" factor is the biggest factor for fear mongering it appears. We are hardwired to respond to that as it has been a survival mechanism for so long.

Then if it is determined to be a more or less "chicken little" incident, the next time something like this rolls around that is perhaps even far, far worse, I hate to see how people react to that. It's a dangerous game, a very dangerous game that some are playing.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'm praying this coronavirus thing burns itself out ASAP. I would very much prefer the case numbers to start dropping and make it seem like a relatively minor crisis in retrospect. Hearing complaints and outbursts like "I told you this wasn't nearly as bad as the flu" would be worth it. The trend line is not pointing in that direction unfortunately.

RandyDe

Due to the UK financial year ending this month, this is usually our busiest time of year. We’re still relatively busy but March usually takes in 3x any other month with all our corporate customers blowing their budgets. Currently it’s just on par for a normal month.

wondering if it’s down to the coronavirus or if we’re just quiet for this time of year?

(I’m refusing the cater to the idea that our corporate/government/education clients are just being sensible with their money).

We had 3 clients cancel jobs yesterday. Ontario, Canada.

gabagoo

It's very slow today...phones not ringing, no emails... People are worried and pre occupied about where to get more toilet paper!!!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
If anyone’s really struggling, I have a LOT of old rolls of release liner that could be log cut into toilet paper. Probably wouldn’t use the silicone based side though.

binki

Several of our customers have shut down, schools and sports teams. We are looking at a month right now. We don't know if any of them will cancel orders or if they will not order because of it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think everyone in the United States is going to be end up being forced to take a sabbatical. Close the doors, stay home..we'll all meet back here in May.

TimToad

Plenty of existing work, multiple new projects coming in per day. Slow on the phones and walk ins, but that's ok. We'd rather people just stay away for a few weeks and let this thing run its course so we can see just how bad it might get. Not sure what to expect from suppliers or shippers.

After seeing a couple of polls where a percentage of those self-identifying as Republicans stated that they had no intention of taking extra precautions because they are convinced this is a Democrat, liberal driven hoax designed to make "their" president look bad and large majorities of self-identified Democrats state that they are taking all reasonable precautions to prevent the spread, I'm now convinced that this thing is going only get worse before it gets better.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/03/09/hand-washing-is-now-a-partisan-issue/

Granted, this poll was taken 10 days ago and I'm sure nearly everybody is catching up to the fact that this thing is not to be trifled with. I also read about some children including a newborn in London testing positive.

Johnny Best

convinced this is a Democrat, liberal driven hoax

I do not think a Democrat is capable of creating a good hoax, from what I see that Joe Biden has to be told who he is in the morning and Bernie has to figure out what he is going to promise people that is going to be free for that day. Sorry Toad but what I have observed is that liberals are just too stupid and have a rough time trying to figure what sock goes on what foot before they put on their velcro sneakers. They just like to criticize the President for everything that is wrong with the world including why sock manufactures do not sew on L and R.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hahahaaaaa............ or yellow in the front/brown in the back.

Facts are..... people are sick, round the world. This has never happened before, huh ??

Now, you want us to think one party is responsible for it and everything pertaining to it, but in a negative kinda way.

Try going and eating some more gummy bears, forget about the world for a while and go hibernate for a few weeks, again.