Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone update to 19 yet?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by IsItFasst, May 23, 2019.

1. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    I have gotten the email and the pop-up in the software. Some really cool features but all the horror stories I've read about updates I really don't want to be down for days if things go wrong. Not even sure what the latest version there is as I just thought with cloud it was updating all the time (sure seemed like it) but then I was told it wasn't. I'm currently on 12 sp3 p4. Works great but some of the new features are enticing me to update.

Tags:
  2. Jlcaudle

Jlcaudle Member

May 20, 2018
    Owensboro

I updated but I kept my version 12 installed. I have had zero problems so far. I have been using it a week.

3. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    I am going to try loading it tomorrow... I was just at a workshop this week with Mark Rugen and some if the features are pretty neat. Only 1 person in the class had updated and he had stability issues so had to roll back but I am not sure of the issues or if it was some configuration issues. He mentioned print color issues which he didn't have time to investigate so he switched back to 12.

4. Jlcaudle

Jlcaudle Member

May 20, 2018
    Owensboro
    Yes I noticed today that my reds are not as vibrant as they were. I think flexi has excluded a dither type as I keep getting a pop up about converting my profile. I suspect I will have to re profile everything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ldireprophil

Ldireprophil New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Atlanta
    Following. I was going to upgrade to 19 from 12 today but might hold off a while.

6. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    I'm really interested in the Sketch feature. Haven't seen anything on it, so I assume It's not actually released yet. I did test the QuickQuote/SideKick CRM and it was pretty plain. Likely wouldn't work outside of a home shop.

7. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    At the workshop Mark had some of the not released features and they seam pretty good, he had not heard or seen anything on the sketch feature. It seams that they are repackaging some of their previous efforts in new ways. Last year they tried to re-launch signs.com and were having troubles, I havent seen or heard any updates on that in a while so I am assuming they are re-packaging it into "Sketch". I am glad to share that the font finder feature is a software they acquired from another source and re-packaged. I have used it before and it works quite well.