• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone update to 19 yet?

IsItFasst

I have gotten the email and the pop-up in the software. Some really cool features but all the horror stories I've read about updates I really don't want to be down for days if things go wrong. Not even sure what the latest version there is as I just thought with cloud it was updating all the time (sure seemed like it) but then I was told it wasn't. I'm currently on 12 sp3 p4. Works great but some of the new features are enticing me to update.

Jlcaudle

I have gotten the email and the pop-up in the software. Some really cool features but all the horror stories I've read about updates I really don't want to be down for days if things go wrong. Not even sure what the latest version there is as I just thought with cloud it was updating all the time (sure seemed like it) but then I was told it wasn't. I'm currently on 12 sp3 p4. Works great but some of the new features are enticing me to update.

I updated but I kept my version 12 installed. I have had zero problems so far. I have been using it a week.

Evan Gillette

I am going to try loading it tomorrow... I was just at a workshop this week with Mark Rugen and some if the features are pretty neat. Only 1 person in the class had updated and he had stability issues so had to roll back but I am not sure of the issues or if it was some configuration issues. He mentioned print color issues which he didn't have time to investigate so he switched back to 12.

Jlcaudle

Yes I noticed today that my reds are not as vibrant as they were. I think flexi has excluded a dither type as I keep getting a pop up about converting my profile. I suspect I will have to re profile everything.

bannertime

I'm really interested in the Sketch feature. Haven't seen anything on it, so I assume It's not actually released yet. I did test the QuickQuote/SideKick CRM and it was pretty plain. Likely wouldn't work outside of a home shop.

Evan Gillette

I'm really interested in the Sketch feature. Haven't seen anything on it, so I assume It's not actually released yet. I did test the QuickQuote/SideKick CRM and it was pretty plain. Likely wouldn't work outside of a home shop.

At the workshop Mark had some of the not released features and they seam pretty good, he had not heard or seen anything on the sketch feature. It seams that they are repackaging some of their previous efforts in new ways. Last year they tried to re-launch signs.com and were having troubles, I havent seen or heard any updates on that in a while so I am assuming they are re-packaging it into "Sketch". I am glad to share that the font finder feature is a software they acquired from another source and re-packaged. I have used it before and it works quite well.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Our print tech went to 19 and now we're experiencing real problems with our colors.
Reprint of a file from before. Raster & vector elements as pdf. Now anything with either a drop shadow or raster image throws all the colors out or prints a background around those raster images even though they're transparent. Print the same without any effects or raster images and it comes out perfect. So it is possible to "roll back" to previous?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We have updated a couple of Designer only subscriptions to 19. So far haven't seen any more problems than we usually have with Flexi. Have not updated our FlexiSign & Print yet; still on 12, and it's not subscription so not shelling out the money yet. Seeing the issues others are having with color shifts and other things, I'm in no hurry at all to upgrade.

yukon

Been using 19 for over a month now. Having issue with how production manager runs my Roland GR540 cutter. It cuts fine but advances several feet of material after cut. Tech support can't figure it out. Also issue with guides in Flexi desktop. If they are locked, I can't create new guides by dragging from ruler or make guide from a shape. I have to unlock guides, create them and then lock them again... PIA!

bannertime

It seems like all the techs that once made Flexi great have left, cause it seems to be getting less and less polished each year. Some of the new tools are so bland they're almost useless. Like the CMS feature is so featureless that I can't imagine anyone actually successfully using it. At least link it with the Proof Approval Tool and track communications like that. The Sketch tool has no apparent options to create templates, changes size from Metric to Imperial, and quite a few other features missing from it too. The Proof Approval Tool still won't let you bulk delete jobs, the mobile site is barely acceptable (in fact I know of at least one customer that requested I never use that again, lol). Flexi 12 has had so many bugs, I can hardly send a file from Flexi directly to print because the Poll Size function has stopped working. I have to back out until it works or export as PDF into PM. PNG and transparency support is still pretty awful.

I could really keep going, but I've got to get some more work done.

WildWestDesigns

It seems like all the techs that once made Flexi great have left, cause it seems to be getting less and less polished each year.

Some of this I have to wonder if it's related to this belief that software needs to be rolled out at least once a year (or in Window's case twice a year).

This current upgrade schema is just not good.

the mobile site is barely acceptable (in fact I know of at least one customer that requested I never use that again, lol).

That's no bueno. Considering that everything (at least with web development) is mobile first, that's just not good. I can't speak of the other stuff as the only programming languages that I know are web dev. languages (HTML, CSS, JS), but a part of efficient code is also mobile responsiveness. That's just not good at all. Especially if a customer is telling you not to use it.

SameDay Signs

Can you go back to 12? If so how...it is terrible my production manager is bad and it lost all of my profiles i had to reload....It also crashes all the time and i've lost rotate tool on the pm screen for the image

oyy0

I am having nothing but problems with Flexi19 so far.
Trying to save designs makes the program go crazy sometimes, no way to pinpoint what the problem is because it seems to be a random problem.
The program will go haywire out of the blue: graphical glitches, buttons go missing, the program will slow to a crawl.
I've not yet talked to tech support but will soon. For now, I'll just stick to an older version.
19 has some decent features but can't keep the program running long enough to try them out on my free time.
I'll keep trying and see what I can do.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Reached out to SAi Tech support explaining my printing whoas. Suggested we install the latest build. The newest build is now 3078. So we used a test pdf. The file has both raster and vectors with pantone colors. To recap we discovered that any pdf with raster elements throws all the colors out. And those raster images print a lighter toned "background" around them even though they're transparent png's. Remove the raster elements and prints are perfect every time. Installing the latest build has in fact changed the colors but we're still experimenting in between real work...

I'll post our findings later

myront

CorelDRAW is best
upload_2019-7-31_14-51-45.png

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Last test confirmed 19 is messed up. Printed the same file only this time remove the drop shadow. Pantones are correct and no light color behind the png. Next test will be rolling back to 12. Print the same pdf drop shadow and all.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Reached out to SAi Tech support explaining my printing whoas. Suggested we install the latest build. The newest build is now 3078. So we used a test pdf. The file has both raster and vectors with pantone colors. To recap we discovered that any pdf with raster elements throws all the colors out. And those raster images print a lighter toned "background" around them even though they're transparent png's. Remove the raster elements and prints are perfect every time. Installing the latest build has in fact changed the colors but we're still experimenting in between real work...

I'll post our findings later

The issue you describe is a disconnect between rendering intents. You need to go into the color settings and change the rendering intents for raster and vector to be the same. That will get rid of the ghost boxes around the images.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
The issue you describe is a disconnect between rendering intents. You need to go into the color settings and change the rendering intents for raster and vector to be the same. That will get rid of the ghost boxes around the images.

I don't see any option to do this within Flexi Print Manager 19.