• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions anyone use laser measuring device?

petepaz

saw a a guy using a laser bosch laser measurer and wondering if anyone uses them?
how good are they? any thing to look out for?

rjssigns

I don't have a Bosch but mine will get you within a half inch or so. On flat surfaces you need a target of some sort on the opposing wall.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I use the Bosch GLM 50 CX. It's crazy accurate...down to 1/16" or even 1/32". I regularly check it against a tape measure to ensure its accurate.

LarryB

I’ve also got a Spike by Ike measuring tool. I confirm what Jburton says. It’s usually within an inch or so. I like that it puts the measurements on the drawing so you can email it.

Dukenukem117

Most handhelds will promise 1/16" (+/- 1.5mm). Some will promise +/- 1mm but tend to cost several times more. I use them to measure for my miter saw.

decalman

Maybe some day I can afford this. I'm guessing they cost 288.

Graphic Tracer. 100.
Font identifier. 49.
Measering device. 288

When does it end?

CORRECTION .... I checked the price..wow only $ 29. I will keep this on my wish list.Its cheap enough. ( kinda