Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use photoPAINT DX

Discussion in 'General Software' started by James Chrimes, Dec 30, 2005.

1. James Chrimes

James Chrimes Very Active Member

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    I just one a copy of photoPaint dx and was wondering if any of you use it. If so how do you like it. What are to positives and negatives. It retails for around 1,500.00 which is cheap compaired to Omega but I think that is over priced anyways. Thanks for any info.

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    you sure thats the right name?
    photoPaint dx???

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Never heard of it. Who is the publisher?

4. James Chrimes

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
  5. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I don't think comparing it to Omega, which is a signmaking application with the ability to drive an Edge, and PhotoPrint, which is a RIP application, is any kind of an apples to apples comparison.

It's only overpriced if you are able to do what you need to do in a less costly manner.

6. James Chrimes

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    This softwear is suppost to have print and cut abbilities. I guess that I will just have to waight and see. Thanks

7. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Yes that is what it does well. Dealing with color management and reinterpreting pixels, creating contour cut paths, driving a printer and or a cutter, etc. OTOH it will have little or no capabilities such as you would expect to find in an illustration or signmaking application such as setting text, drawing with vectors, outlining, shadowing, etc.