• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using Eleven Ten Color Inks?

Nuagedesigns

Just curious to see if anyone has any pros or cons on the Eleven Ten Color inks for the JV-3. Grimco has offfered a free set of ink to switch over and just curious to know whos been using them. Thanks.

Matt Cuellar

Got a request from a customer on these inks for a ValueJet. Any insight would be great as I have never heard of them...

MachServTech

I am a solvent tech, and I have done 8 of these installs, so far all good results over the past couple of months. I think that the quality of these inks are better than what we've seen in the industry in the past. It is definitely better than bulk ink as these inks are an oem alike cartridge :) The changeover procedure is pretty simple. The new inks are inserted then 3 all powerful/ little charges are done and thats it. From what I can tell the color is equivalent to the oem. No complaints from the folks I've installed.

Nuagedesigns

Had my new ink now for three days. Tech from Eleven Ten came out, printed 2 side by side comparisons of the oem ink and the Eleven Ten ink. I actually thought the reds and oranges seemed to pop more with the new ink. Color wise everything seems equal. Odor from the new ink seems to have a stronger solvent smell than the OEM inks. Also seems that the Eleven Ten inks I guess you could say attack the vinyl a little more than oem, I' saying this because we some times get the customer that wants cheap short term signs on choro and we usually print let dry a few minutes then mount with no-lam with big squeege without issues. The new ink seems to soften vinyl a little more and take a little longer to dry and out gas.

To early to make a strong opinion on these but so far so good just a little smelly. Install was quick and easy no cleaning solution or flushing just a couple quick ink fills and that was it. Supposedly inks are chemically compatible.

I let you know if I have any issues.

dmfahie

I am /was a beta tester for 11/10. The first few months were no prolem. Now I am having profiling issues, and my printer needs to be cleaned much more often. I am also having big issues itting grays ad oranges, may colors are coming out with a lavender color. 11/10 is working on these issues.

dmfahie

11/10 Spot Color issues.

I have had a very tough time with Gray's, Oranges, Blues. Many of my sopt colors come out with a heavy lavinder tint. I had no problems when I was printing a full color spectrum. I sent a file to a shop close to me with the same exact setup we have, he aslo had the same issues. Eleven Ten has been good about working with us on this. Any input on this reguarding the spot color issues. We were using both Flexi & Signlab, and both rip's basiclly came up with the same profiling issues.

-Devin

wildside

amazing....

i asked about the same thing like 5-6 months ago, and no one ever heard of them......

i never went with them, a hunch i had, sticking with OEM no matter what the costs are, piece of mind is priceless

tomx1138

Dissapointment with 11/10

I've used the 11/10 free set and was happy at first reordered and just started noticing the lavenderization of my posters and thought I was me. Plus red lost its punch. I also recently added flexi production manager so I can run multiple machines now that I have a second printer. I thought that it was flexi that was the problem, since the addition of the 2nd machine (kodak1000i) The kodak has very strong, almost to the verge of over saturation of color. As it stands now between the 11/10 rep (VERY HELPFULL AND RESPONCIVE) and my sales service rep they both feel I have to write my own profiles for my roland to regain my punch in the sp 300. So now I have to learn how to write profiles or go back to the max inks. It seems I spend more time doing research in the sign business then I ever did being a commercial aircraft electrical system tech. (NO PEE TESTS IN THE SIGN BIZ :thumb:)

wrapman jamz

Has anyone had them out in the elements for a long time? Concerned about fading down the road. Also, because of the heavy solvent smell, do you have to vent? If the ink is heavy solvent, does it leave a "relief" in the print? And how long is the "air out" time before lamination?

QuickSignsSA

Grimco called and offered me a free set if i purchase a set. Seems like there are still too many kinks to go eleven ten already...

veloxgraphics

I've been using them for over 3 months now and havn't had a problem.

LOL @ an apparent end-user post about the supplier / ink

THEN...

Richards Distributing Inc as been in business for over 23 years and would not jeopardize our reputation and quality service for the simple cost of an ink cartridge.

Oh. Now they ARE the supplier. :)

mshi

Word from the wise, stay with OEM.

I think Schurms is right. They have had issues with the tabs on the side sticking with Mumaki's (happened twice) and i have seen some clogging in the heads.

I thought they were done due to TekGraf closing and I heard they changed name to 20/20 sold through Grimco

WB

I've been using these inks for at least 6 months maybe even closer to 1 year.. all I did was slow switched over from my ss2 inks to the 11/10. DIdn't flush the system or anything. I ended up creating a new profile for them though I do find the the colours do pop abit more then OEM inks. 11/10 has been very good, they had a recall just before x-mas. I faxed in my cart#'s and they shipped me 24 cartridges no questions asked..

Very happy so far!