• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone "Vent" their versacamm ???

normana61

i am running a 540v in a small office and the fumes/vapors are pretty strong.

when running small jobs it is hardly noticeable, but larger full coverage prints are giving me headaches, dizzyness, etc.

anyone in a larger shop would not notice it , but small shops or "home" shops this may be an issue.

anyway to "vent" this machine ?? the mimaki have that pull up propolene screen that covers the machine and also has a side fan vent that can go to an outside vent.

any help would be appreciated !!!!

norman

ps i checked the roland site and they have no accessories for this problem

madisonsignguy

Thats what I was wondering also. The sales people always say oh don't wprry the stuff is so safe you could drink it. But I haven't met one yet that would take a sip of the ink for me lol.

Anyways it is still solvent so I think it is bullshit when they say it doesn't need to be vented. Just cause it's harder to smell doesn't mean it's not screwing your insides up.

I think years from know it is going to come out that hey maybe that stuff was kinda harmful.

Techman

ITs alcohol solvents. Some are not good for you at all. Some are poison. Some do cause changes in reproductory organs.
There are hundred different alcohols with only one drinkable. Breath any of it long enuf and you will get ill effects. Vent that machine and feel better.

madisonsignguy

I have really been reluctant to get one at all. I know we really need one but the fumes really get to me. Before I started my shop I worked at a place that had a mimaki, granted it was full solvent, but that machine really screwed my head up.....

Holy crap did I have horrible headaches. And I mean REAL BAD

thewood

If you are running a printer using solvent-based inks, you should definitely be venting the fumes or using an air scrubber. Even if the inks are "eco-sol" or "mild solvent", the fumes are still as dangerous--even if they don't smell as strong.

GregT

I don't have the one vented here, but the building is not real air tight. I am normally able to get a cold draft, most any day;)