Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Venting Their Valuejet?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by johnnysigns, Oct 29, 2008.

1. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    Our design and rip stations are in pretty close proximity to our printer and we're usually dizzy by midday from the fumes.

I see a provision for a vent on the rear side cover of our machine.

Anyone venting theirs outside at all?

Tags:
  2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Hummmm, I can't recall ever being bothered by the smell of ink... Smells like money to me... To answer your question, NO...

3. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    No, unless you got the Flatbed w/MUBIO INKs , that one really stinks...

4. Joop

Joop Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I assume your inks aren't eco-solvent? I heard breathing that stuff in is pretty bad for you, I would air that out as much as possible.

5. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I am venting my Valuejet, the smell gives me headaches, so I drilled two six inch holes in the back of the unit and used 120mm fans to pull out the smell into a carbon box.

6. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    my 1604 is right next to my workstation... when we are printing alot the fumes do get to me. I have to get up and open the door and get some air.

It scares customers off now annd then... especially when lasering Acrylic or the worst: LEATHER! GAG!

7. johnnysigns

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    we're printing pretty steady most of the day on ours and w/ the ecosol inks it's getting bad. I need to rig up some vents/fans.

Valentino, you got any links to the fans you used?

8. Signsforwhile

Signsforwhile Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    New York
    Our valuejet used to be in a tiny room along with the rip station. Never bothered me! Like mac said....smells like money!

9. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    They say cancer smells like money too. :Oops:

10. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    For the medical system:Big Laugh

11. sarge

sarge Active Member

Oct 18, 2008
    cancer only smell like money to the dr's .. i won the biggest scar in seattle contest .. my scar wasnt from serving in the army for 22 years .. it was from cancer . funny thing is my son entered me in the contest .. as for the fumes .. i dont print cuz i cant deal with them .. we tried to vent the summa .. but i had to get rid of it .. sooooo .. sup 2 you ..

12. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Danger to your lungs. No doubt. Just ask any fireman what plastic smoke does to lungs. This is not just a run of the mill worry. IT is a fact and it will cause ppl to lose lung function.

13. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    If your going to vent your printer do not use a bathroom fan, unless you want a fire.

14. johnnysigns

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    I'll source something appropriate. I've seen mimaki's JV3 with a vent system, I was hoping I could pick that up, but it's probably worlds cheaper to source my own stuff.