• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Venting Their Valuejet?

johnnysigns

Our design and rip stations are in pretty close proximity to our printer and we're usually dizzy by midday from the fumes.

I see a provision for a vent on the rear side cover of our machine.

Anyone venting theirs outside at all?

MacDaddy

Hummmm, I can't recall ever being bothered by the smell of ink... Smells like money to me... To answer your question, NO...

Joop

I assume your inks aren't eco-solvent? I heard breathing that stuff in is pretty bad for you, I would air that out as much as possible.

Valentino

I am venting my Valuejet, the smell gives me headaches, so I drilled two six inch holes in the back of the unit and used 120mm fans to pull out the smell into a carbon box.

jiarby

my 1604 is right next to my workstation... when we are printing alot the fumes do get to me. I have to get up and open the door and get some air.

It scares customers off now annd then... especially when lasering Acrylic or the worst: LEATHER! GAG!

johnnysigns

we're printing pretty steady most of the day on ours and w/ the ecosol inks it's getting bad. I need to rig up some vents/fans.

Valentino, you got any links to the fans you used?

Signsforwhile

Our valuejet used to be in a tiny room along with the rip station. Never bothered me! Like mac said....smells like money!

sarge

cancer only smell like money to the dr's .. i won the biggest scar in seattle contest .. my scar wasnt from serving in the army for 22 years .. it was from cancer . funny thing is my son entered me in the contest .. as for the fumes .. i dont print cuz i cant deal with them .. we tried to vent the summa .. but i had to get rid of it .. sooooo .. sup 2 you ..

Techman

especially when lasering Acrylic
Danger to your lungs. No doubt. Just ask any fireman what plastic smoke does to lungs. This is not just a run of the mill worry. IT is a fact and it will cause ppl to lose lung function.

johnnysigns

I'll source something appropriate. I've seen mimaki's JV3 with a vent system, I was hoping I could pick that up, but it's probably worlds cheaper to source my own stuff.