• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anyone Want To See. . . .

jayhawksigns

a picture of a $25,000 paper weight??

Attachments

• IMG_20170330_142552161.jpg
    IMG_20170330_142552161.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 405

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Wish I could make ours into a paperweight! Don't get me started though. Already went down that road elsewhere in this forum. The newer models are looking a lot better though.

TomK

Doesn't plastic float ;-)

Something is wrong with the light cyan/magenta channel. Printhead or something deeper, supposed to have an HP tech in tomorrow to look into.

This was initial setup day. Second HP latex printer we have bought, and second HP latex printer that wasn't printing on day one.
I continue to get grainy prints on anything using lighter colors, made lots of changes per HP, changed print heads, different material, etc, all the same result.

C

ColoPrinthead

The coolest thing I've seen a latex is do is start smoking heavily while printing duratrans (L26500)

jayhawksigns

After the initial setup issues, the L25500 worked with only two glitches until we decided to retire it and replace it with the L560. Its just "funny" that we had startup issues with two different HP printers. Maybe its karma, made my wife who hates clowns watch the IT trailer last night.

Dallas225

Join the club my friend - we had a new latex 365 installed about a month ago, initial setup failed as one of the heads wouldnt show up - ended up being the trailing cable was boned. Of course they said we'd have a new printer in a week - three weeks later... another one shows up, problems during setup as well throwing errors codes. ended up pulling apart the ink cartridge side and found a kinked air tube, un-kinked it and has been running smooth since.. fingers crossed.

jayhawksigns

Couple of questions for everyone, not so much related to the printer but the installer.

If they tell you something flat out wrong, but know better, do you correct them so that they hopefully don't misinform someone else and possibly piss them off or just let it slide?

Would you consider yourself finished with the training provided with the installation if you were never able to print a single job on it before they left?

And a side note, spoke with the HP tech, he said "I hear this is a newer printer", my response was "yep, initial setup was yesterday". then silence. Apparently something wasn't passed along to him.

TDFcustomSL

When I set up my 110 I had 2 heads fail during setup. Called HP he had me run through some tests then tell him how much ink had passed through the heads that were throwing the error...when I said 0ml he said wow how is that possible...I said the printer was installed last night and I havent been able to complete the set up procedure on the screen...he said oh that explains it...I had 2 new heads in my hand the next morning and everything was smooth sailing from there.

boxerbay

?? new and doesn't work? [HASHTAG]#sad[/HASHTAG].

On many occasions I found myself knowing more about the unit and the issue than the actual on site technician.

PS: If it isnt prinitng or we are not 100% satisfied then we dont release the final payment. We would not accept a refurbished unit. that it what you are getting. a fixer upper. I would have them pick that unit up and bring one that is working out the box.

equippaint

What distributor orders and delivers a machine without payment in full? I sure wouldn't, that's really asking for problems and this comment is a prime example of why that is bad business practice unless you like going to court to fight for money. Its still a new unit, Id like to be a fly on the wall when you have that conversation with them demanding you get another new machine just because it has a minor problem that they are obviously going to take care of. Changing a part on a new machine does not make it a refurb fixer upper. Its a machine, they break, even new ones. As annoying as it is I'm sure its not isolated to HP.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
After the initial setup issues, the L25500 worked with only two glitches until we decided to retire it and replace it with the L560. Its just "funny" that we had startup issues with two different HP printers. Maybe its karma, made my wife who hates clowns watch the IT trailer last night.

Lol the part where IT is running down the sewer was pretty cool looking! I'm liking the trailer

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It's sad to hear that these dealers are not able to fix the issue immediately! We have done quite a few installs and we have not had any issues with any of the 300 or 500 series. The tech should never leave until you are totally dialed in and printing. It should take multiple days also.