• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone wrapped a Ford Transit?

ucmj22

Are these as big of a PITA as a sprinter? I've done neither, But I want to make sure I charge appropriately if it is a more difficult wrap.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-21 at 8.22.36 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-03-21 at 8.22.36 AM.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 91

Haakon

I've done a few partial wraps on Transits (full coverage from right behind the doors and back), and they are very nice vehicles to work with. Very flat panels with shallow profiles. One of the easier commercial vans to work with in my opinion.

Edit; do you even get the full size Transits over there? Or do you mean the smaller Transit Connect that they started selling in the US a year or two ago?

ucmj22

I had an email waiting for me this morning asking about a wrap on a ford transit,

We are in the medical equipment business and have just acquired a Ford Transit for a new delivery vehicle.. We are looking to put a wrap on it.

I guess I should find out more before I talk prices. I just figured they were all pretty much the same.

oh, and heres the part of the email that scares me...

I noticed that you guys have graphic designers which is just what we are looking for. I was curious as to what kind of total price we could expect? Also, would you work with us on the design(ie work with you until we get it just right?)

maybe I should just pass it up...

Haakon

It is very likely a Transit Connect (also easy to work with). Keep in mind that this is a much smaller car than a Sprinter van, it is not much larger than a PT Cruiser or Chevrolet HHR.

Kwiksigns

wookie
you should just ask them a few more questions... if it is a transit connect, those things are cake. and about the design... I would make them aware they get 2 revisions in the price and that I will charge x amount for any after. whether u charge per hour or whatever, just be upfront before any money changes hands.

CanuckSigns

you should just ask them a few more questions... if it is a transit connect, those things are cake. and about the design... I would make them aware they get 2 revisions in the price and that I will charge x amount for any after. whether u charge per hour or whatever, just be upfront before any money changes hands.

This

Also, make sure they actually want a wrap, i can't tell you how many customers ask for a "wrap" when they are only looking for some cut vinyl lettering

petepaz

partial wrap on this. went pretty smooth, don't think the whole vehicle would be that bad. mostly flat/smooth areas

Attachments

• millicare transit.jpg
    millicare transit.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 89

Circleville Signs

Transit and Transit connect are super easy.

on the design, approach it EXACTLY as was reccommended, and make sure they dont' have the expectaction that you will be their "mouse operator". Additionally, make sure you educate them on what constitutes a good wrap.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I'd also assume that they are talking about a Ford Transit Connect, I've never seen the vehicle in your original post here in the US.

The doors on them have these indentations (see example above) that render whatever you're looking to put on them ugly or useless for the most part. I've put a lot of cut vinyl on them (easy) and it looks like a wrap would be cake on one.

lexsigns

did a few partials - very easy! 1 almost full last dec 8 hours. I am not super fast but not slow either. I was only an installer for another co so not sure what selling price was. If I could figure out how to get the pics in this I would show you lol! how do I post a pic in reply???? PM if you want to see them or have any questions. My advise too use primer in the grooves!
Good luck

lexsigns

thanks signage ;)
here are the pics of the ones I did-
Had 5 RCN and by the 5th only took 2 hours :)

Attachments

• cranney2.jpg
    cranney2.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 88
  • crany.jpg
    crany.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 92
  • RCN back.jpg
    RCN back.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 92
  • RCN ds.jpg
    RCN ds.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 104

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Was pretty Easy If I recall. I just used my gloved hand on those long smooth rounded recesses at the bottom and the license plate recess will need a little heat.

Attachments

• ADA Transit.jpg
    ADA Transit.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 75