• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyway out of jury duty due to our business?

binki

It really depends on the court you are going to. For a while San Bernardino County exempted buisness owners from Jury Duty but that is gone now. They do 'one day or one trial'.

Bradster941

Wow, you learn alot about the people here reading threads like this on Signs 101.

Hmm, what it means to me to be an American?

CheapVehicleWrap

BTW, if you google the phrase there are TONS of suggestions. If this thread goes on much longer counties are going to start pulling potential jurors from it.

Steve C.

I have served on two juries. But that was when I worked for someone who
was required to pay me a full days wage for jury duty. Working for myself
is completely different. I always show up when I'm called. I went just last
week. Quiet people get picked. Once placed in a pool the judge will give you
a chance to speak up if you have any problems... I tell them that I am not
comfortable with someone's fate in my hands, and that the burden of proof
on the prosecution will be extremely high for me. I am always dismissed
very quickly. Civic duty I understand, six dollars a day will not pay my rent.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Ask if serving on the jury will vacate any of the current arrest warrants another court has on you.

wayne k
guam usa

J

john1

Called and they made me reschedule for Dec 13th 2010....They said i can only reschedule once so i guess i'll have to anyway....damnit

CheapVehicleWrap

Called and they made me reschedule for Dec 13th 2010....They said i can only reschedule once so i guess i'll have to anyway....damnit

I was thinking..if you went barefoot, you'd have not only 1, but 2 sockpuppets! Plenty of time to develop unique personalities.

David Wright

Last time I got called (my county is the same for Detroit, yippee) I couldn't use the sole proprietorship as an excuse as I did previous times. It was for a car jacking trial and the thug was more than likely guilty. When I got put in the first group of 12 the lawyers interview you. I just kept staring like I hated the punk and his lawyer asked for me and another older white man to be removed. Huh, that easy, that and the contesting answers during the process made going home easy.

My wife tried to get out because she can't manage driving downtown. No good. That won't fly, find a way. I heard mothers crying to get out when I was there because of their children and being the only one who ever watches them. Too bad also.

Your government doesn't care what your problem is anymore, they own you. Duty, my ass.