• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apparently my personal information has a price tag of $12! ~ now what?

dj_elite

I don't understand how it is legal for that company to profit off of your information? If I were to profit off of a big companies info like McDonalds i would be sued!!!!

GypsyGraphics

Monday morning and i'm ready with my excel spreadsheet to keep track of each caller. I plan on getting whatever information i can and make sure each agrees to removed me from their contact list. Wouldn't ya know it... now that i'm ready for them.... i'm not getting the usual morning barrage of calls i received all last week.

My husband was listening to the answering machine this morning and there were numerous messages for Cindy yesterday. One call was from me, saying "Cindy i know your there, pick up the phone, pick-up, pick-up, pick-up." And i hear my husband say "i can't believe this, now Cindy's friends are calling us!" He's pissed until he hears me say "someone pick-up... come on Cindy, followed by my three son's names."

Anyway, i'll be doing my homework over the next few days. Hopefully the calls will die-down, but if not.... i'm ready.

I do realize that all the information this guy/company has gathered on me, could easily found by anyone willing to search... but the fact is... this guy is selling it and that's the part that seems so wrong.

I WANT OFF THAT GUYS LIST!

GypsyGraphics

So this is interesting... one of the calls this morning was from Westwood College. I explained the situation and was told i'd be removed from their list. Between 2-2:30 pm, two more calls from colleges... one of which is Westwood College AGAIN!

Before i started answering these calls, Westwood was one that should up many times on my caller ID, but they always hung up when they got the machine.

Is it unreasonable to expect them to take me off the list immediately?

Locals Find!

So this is interesting... one of the calls this morning was from Westwood College. I explained the situation and was told i'd be removed from their list. Between 2-2:30 pm, two more calls from colleges... one of which is Westwood College AGAIN!

Before i started answering these calls, Westwood was one that should up many times on my caller ID, but they always hung up when they got the machine.

Is it unreasonable to expect them to take me off the list immediately?

Not only is in NOT unreasonable to be expected to be taken off the list its ILLEGAL !!

That is the stuff I was telling you before we got Sued for, we also got fined from the FCC.

Report it immediately to the FCC website is FCC.gov

anotherdog

okay so you are on the do not call list.
I'm in Canada. I can call you trying to sell crap till you are in tears.
I'm on the Canadian version of the list. I get a ton of call selling me stuff...All the telemarketers have indian accents.

What it does is ensure that AMERICAN business can't try to sell stuff.
another well intentioned law up the wazoo.

Flame

Yes, since that is how an organized society based on laws. Is supposed to operate. Yes, I believe in the system.

I am not referring to her legal rights. She has every right to take some form of legal action.

Sue em all and pay for your daughters college and everything else you have been busting your hump for.

THIS is what I have issue with. Her inconvenience, is worth tens of thousands of dollars? So basically look for a loophole and rape someone for as much as money as you can get out of em, right?

Locals Find!

okay so you are on the do not call list.
I'm in Canada. I can call you trying to sell crap till you are in tears.
I'm on the Canadian version of the list. I get a ton of call selling me stuff...All the telemarketers have indian accents.

What it does is ensure that AMERICAN business can't try to sell stuff.
another well intentioned law up the wazoo.

That isn't true. You operating over US phone lines controlled by the FCC and would be in violation of international agreements.

I speak from experience here. YOU CAN NOT CALL SOMEONE IN THE STATES THAT IS ON THE DO NOT CALL LIST FOR ANY FORM OF SOLICITATION and GET AWAY WITH IT! REGARDLESS OF COUNTRY OF ORIGIN.

Locals Find!

I am not referring to her legal rights. She has every right to take some form of legal action.

THIS is what I have issue with. Her inconvenience, is worth tens of thousands of dollars? So basically look for a loophole and rape someone for as much as money as you can get out of em, right?

If you put up a sign on someones property lets say McDonalds that says eat at Burger King without there permission do they not have the rights to defend themselves in court and sue you for every penny they can?

If I break in your house and go through your stuff and steal your identity do you not have that same right to come after me for your lost identity??

Selling someones personal information without there express permission or consent is illegal. PERIOD.

It is not Raping someone to punish someone for stealing your information then selling it. What this company did was no different than a crack head stealing a tv from someone and selling it to someone else.

Its called punishing them and yes it MORAL, ETHICAL and Legal to seek retribution in the form of Monetary punishment. They made money off of her identity. Money she is entitled to & compensation beyond that amount for her loss and the harassment she has received due to this individual or corporation selling her stolen information and every person/company that used this information illegally.

Locals Find!

Yah I know. Not gonna argue.

Just gonna say it once more though. Scrupples :)

May I have your address Flame? My kids need a new TV I thought maybe I could come by and just grab yours since it would bother your scruples to stop me and punish me.:ROFLMAO: