• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apparently No Age is Safe.

WildWestDesigns

If people aren't taking it seriously now, they should be.

I'm sure an autopsy is going to be done and if it's determined that no underlying conditions, that would mean that no age is really safe.

I think it was England (I could be remembering incorrectly on the location) that had a 22 yr old with no apparently underlying conditions also died(don't know if an autopsy was done or not.

For all y'all that don't like the lockdowns now, may only get worse if people still think that it's best to do what they want, when they want without a care in the world. I hate to see how some of y'all would have handled WWII times.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Infant died in chicago yesterday. A 12yo was/is on ventilator in atlanta with no underlying conditions. 19yo died in europe only symptom was a cough. 30 something year old hs principal died in ny. Broward county has lots of late teen early 20s cases.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Call me a cynic or optimist, Chastise me if you will... But the harsh reality is that every minute of every day, healthy people die for all reasons. This virus is not doing anything extreme in comparison to any other number of factors. In fact since Friday there have been numerous reports that the CDC is going back as far as November to retest Negative Flu samples for COVID-19... What does that tell us? It's been here for some time and now it's an issue because it's being publicized so heavily.

Look at every death statistic there is, and this virus is no worse than the countless other ways seemingly healthy people die.

Good luck all, I just hope you don't create a deeper life altering issue in your fear based processing of this Pandemic.

WildWestDesigns

Call me a cynic or optimist, Chastise me if you will... But the harsh reality is that every minute of every day, healthy people die for all reasons. This virus is not doing anything extreme in comparison to any other number of factors. In fact since Friday there have been numerous reports that the CDC is going back as far as November to retest Negative Flu samples for COVID-19... What does that tell us? It's been here for some time and now it's an issue because it's being publicized so heavily.

By far, things like cancer are far worse statistically then this little virus, especially with mortality.

Although mortality is only one metric to measure things.

Have to remember, it's election year. Election year usually brings out something to sway votes one way or the other.

Good luck all, I just hope you don't create a deeper life altering issue in your fear based processing of this Pandemic.

I doubt that. My issues are great and many, this would just be a blip on that radar.

Christian @ 2CT Media

By far, things like cancer are far worse statistically then this little virus, especially with mortality.

Although mortality is only one metric to measure things.

Have to remember, it's election year. Election year usually brings out something to sway votes one way or the other.

I doubt that. My issues are great and many, this would just be a blip on that radar.
I was referring to the millions of businesses going under as we speak and the hundreds of billions of debt being generated to survive "this".

ikarasu

Just because they're going back and testing old flu cases doesn't mean they've found anything. To date they havent. It's just procedure at this point. With how much and how fast this spreads, if there was a case in USA before it'd have been known by now.

Again... This is not the flu and should not be compared to it. Watch some hospital videos in places like new york or California or Washington that's been hit hard by this. These videos aren't fake, just because in your neighborhoods it's not like this does not mean it will not get like this, or even worst.

Shutting things down has crippled the economy. But this virus running rampant would have crippled it even more.

China just re shut everything down after it was opened for a week because it's spreading again and they know what effect it'd have on the economy if it runs rampant. If any country cares about money more than lives, it'd be them.

Being compared to the flu has really hurt containing the virus. So many people still see it as the flu and nothing else.

It used to be that the flu kills more people. 12-61000 people.die a year to the flu. Covid is at 35,000 and gaining thousands per day. and that's if you believe Italy had more deaths than China.

China claims 3300 deaths. There are lineups of thousand in just Wuhan.... And they ordered 20,000+ urns for families ashes.

Look at the situation in China, or places where this has been going on longer than a month or two and you'll see how dire it is.

A country should care about its people over it's profit. USA used to be a leader in that... But things seem to have gone sideways somewhere down the line. Most fo the past actions I've seen the president do showed that... However I give trump credit for keeping things locked down and extending it until end of April. He understands how serious it is, even if before he didn't seem to.

Hopefully things can go back to normal soon, but even if they don't.... All this is worth saving just one life. And if you don't think so....ask yourself if it was your wife, your kid, or your father sitting in an over crowed hospital bed, unable to be around loved ones with no ventilators or tools to save their lives as they slowly died from lack of air.

I know for my family I'd give everything and start over so they didn't have to go through that.

ChicagoGraphics

Just because they're going back and testing old flu cases doesn't mean they've found anything. To date they havent. It's just procedure at this point. With how much and how fast this spreads, if there was a case in USA before it'd have been known by now.

Again... This is not the flu and should not be compared to it. Watch some hospital videos in places like new york or California or Washington that's been hit hard by this. These videos aren't fake, just because in your neighborhoods it's not like this does not mean it will not get like this, or even worst.

Shutting things down has crippled the economy. But this virus running rampant would have crippled it even more.

China just re shut everything down after it was opened for a week because it's spreading again and they know what effect it'd have on the economy if it runs rampant. If any country cares about money more than lives, it'd be them.

Being compared to the flu has really hurt containing the virus. So many people still see it as the flu and nothing else.

It used to be that the flu kills more people. 12-61000 people.die a year to the flu. Covid is at 35,000 and gaining thousands per day. and that's if you believe Italy had more deaths than China.

China claims 3300 deaths. There are lineups of thousand in just Wuhan.... And they ordered 20,000+ urns for families ashes.

Look at the situation in China, or places where this has been going on longer than a month or two and you'll see how dire it is.

A country should care about its people over it's profit. USA used to be a leader in that... But things seem to have gone sideways somewhere down the line. Most fo the past actions I've seen the president do showed that... However I give trump credit for keeping things locked down and extending it until end of April. He understands how serious it is, even if before he didn't seem to.

Hopefully things can go back to normal soon, but even if they don't.... All this is worth saving just one life. And if you don't think so....ask yourself if it was your wife, your kid, or your father sitting in an over crowed hospital bed, unable to be around loved ones with no ventilators or tools to save their lives as they slowly died from lack of air.

I know for my family I'd give everything and start over so they didn't have to go through that.
Where in China did they shut down after being open for a week or are you talking about the movie theathers in Beijing that reopened and are now all closed again? I don't believe the numbers out of China are correct maybe if you times it by 10 or 20 would be the correct number of deaths. Now that all foreigners are not allowed into the country the people coming back are all Chinese citizens bringing the virus back where ever they are coming from, I can tell you Shenzen is not closed down but not many of the factories are open yet

visual800

This is my opinion. Lets say this never happened and instead we took the flu and treated it like we are treating COVID. It would be the same. Deaths, sickness spreading. We would just a closer eye on it and report all deaths and we would still be freaking out just the same. I will say again I am cautious and keep from others I use common sense and I think the way we are treating this is getting waaaaay out of hand. I still call BS on every bit of this

alistair

21 year old girl from my hometown died, no underlying conditions. very sad but there have only been a few cases like this where seemingly healthy young people have died from it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This subject is pretty much the same across the board for anything. Anything from bullets, to diseases of all kinds, to accidents, to famine, to natural disasters........ to you name it. We're just all a little in-tune with this Corid19 lately. It too shall pass and just like 911, things will never be the same. Just like life, the world evolves and needs to shed from time to time.

Christian @ 2CT Media

This subject is pretty much the same across the board for anything. Anything from bullets, to diseases of all kinds, to accidents, to famine, to natural disasters........ to you name it. We're just all a little in-tune with this Corid19 lately. It too shall pass and just like 911, things will never be the same. Just like life, the world evolves and needs to shed from time to time.
Bingo... I'm just waiting to see in the next few months all the people expected to be taken care of because they are out of work due to the situations they created. When businesses close because they had to shut down revenue generation for a month. Or the billions in new debt that can't be serviced this decade.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Too bad we can't talk about the real reasons.

These are real reasons..... VERY real reasons. I didn't say what I said to be obtuse or callous to what's going on, just that there are far more things going on which are not needing a microscope.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
2CT Media said:
Look at every death statistic there is, and this virus is no worse than the countless other ways seemingly healthy people die.

Actually it is worse. And it's certainly a lot worse than the typical seasonal flu. I've been harping on the potential numbers for a while. Government officials (Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Brix) have only started providing some potential numbers in the last day or two. They're now saying the United States could see a death toll from around 100,000 to 200,000 "if we do things almost perfectly." That means everyone staying at home, only essential businesses operating in limited capacity and our health care system not being imploded by the tide of cases. It's already a pretty grim sign how many American health care workers and other first responders are getting infected.

If the SARS-CoV-2 virus was allowed to spread in a worst case scenario throughout America's population, around 70% of all Americans would get infected. The resulting death toll would end up being far greater than any of the usual top 10 causes of death in the United States:

Top 10 causes of death in United States, 2017 numbers from CDC
Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

The United States has a population of around 330 million people. If 70% of Americans were to be infected that would come out to 231 million Americans. A 1% mortality rate equals 2.3 million dead Americans. Just at that conservative rate 2.3 million deaths is more than all the numbers in that top 10 list combined (2,081,531 if you want it added up). It's clear the mortality rate of COVID-19 deaths can scale well above a 1% mortality rate. In Italy, in terms of confirmed cases the mortality rate is over 10%.

One of the reasons why the situation has become so hellish in the Lombardy region of Italy is many health care workers on the front lines have been getting infected, developing the COVID-19 illness and even dying. Just getting infected and having minor symptoms or none at all still takes a health care worker out of service. That's what makes developing a common and treat-able respiratory infection like pneumonia a very possible death sentence there. So here we are in the United States with half the hospital beds per capita as Italy and all kinds of chronic shortages of everything. Our health care industry only stocks up and staffs up the minimums to maximize those profit margins.

We already have hospitals in American cities getting overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases. They're building a field hospital in Central Park. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that with any bird flu or swine flu outbreak in the US in the last 40-50 years, certainly not during my lifetime. And we're still in the early days of our version of the outbreak. If SARS-CoV-2 manages somehow to infect most of our nation's population we could easily see a death toll in the millions. There would be far-reaching economic impact from all those deaths. Worse yet, we would all be personally affected. We would all lose friends and family members to this scourge, if some of us didn't get killed by it ourselves. So it's imperative for everyone to do their own individual part at stopping the spread. We have to do what we can to prevent a worst case scenario from happening.

Last edited:

IsItFasst

First, let me say that I am fine with the isolation as a safety precaution (to keep are hospitals from being overran) and I am not a conspiracy theorist.

But NO ONE knows the actual mortality numbers right now (if you listen to the news and use common sense the numbers don't add up). While we can tell the number of people who die from this we don't know the real numbers of people who have it that have mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. We are being told that many people that even have symptoms are being denied tests and obviously if you don't have symptoms or they are mild you aren't getting tested. So the "confirmed cases" isn't anywhere near the "actual cases" that exist. Therefor the approximate 1.6% mortality rate in the U.S. (figures will vary depending on your source) is more than likely greatly exaggerated. And if this virus has possibly been here since November like some are speculating and it spreads as fast as we are told it does then the actual people who have it is in the millions already which makes the mortality rate more like 0.04%.

As more data comes in over time we will hopefully get this mess figured out and get back to our normal lives.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
IsItFasst said:
But NO ONE knows the actual mortality numbers right now (if you listen to the news and use common sense the numbers don't add up). While we can tell the number of people who die from this we don't know the real numbers of people who have it that have mild symptoms or no symptoms at all.

News flash: not all the COVID-19 deaths are being counted. People are dying without ever being tested, even bodies in American morgues. So NO ONE really knows that true number either. All the people who keep insisting this pandemic is an overblown news story are overlooking that bit of information. If this stuff is just another version of the flu then why aren't our hospitals overwhelmed in the same manner with serious flu cases every year?

player

Too bad we can't talk about the real reasons.

Real reasons for what?

These are real reasons..... VERY real reasons. I didn't say what I said to be obtuse or callous to what's going on, just that there are far more things going on which are not needing a microscope.

Because of this ban post from the new owner:
https://signs101.com/threads/rules-reminder.158156/

"In keeping with long-standing rule NO religious or political threads or posts are allowed, I will be enforcing the removal of such posts and members would continually violate it. Remember membership is not a right or privilege. Site rules have been updated."