• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apple, what a fad....

CES020

Part of the problem with this thread is that people are asking others to defend a statement that nobody here said.

So no one on this forum said this about the iphone and apple :

"You figure that a company run by a loony tune [I know the fellow] that's shooting for a market cap rivaling GM and utterly without substance is a real good investment, I've got some swampland in Florida I can get you into. They'll flash and, if you're very fortunate and time yourself correctly you can make a couple of bucks, but market cap without resources is what happened to all the gay blades back in 1999-2000. Perhaps you were too young to remember those halcyon days. When all the air got let out of the bloated overinflated tech stocks."

Looks to me a lot like someone on this forum said it was an overinflated stock that would come down when people figured it all out.

Just use the search key, you'll find plenty of people trashing all apple products over time, so it's not as unfounded a statement as what you have said by suggesting no one's said any of it.

Not that I was talking about comments made exclusively on this site by any means, we all heard people all over the place trashing the iphone and ipad. I still stick by it, anyone that sells 100,000,000 of anything gets a "hats off" from me.

GypsyGraphics

OH MY BAD!!!! i totally didn't remember that the trendy thing was said in that way! so sorry CES020! it's one of those thing i hear often and sticks in my craw.

i guess this will always be a hot topic. maybe it IS personal because we make such an investment in our systems, and even though it's part of our livelihood and a necessary purchase... it's quite a bit different than most major purchases. i can't think of anything else i buy other than a computer or software that blows me away seeing the advancements with each upgrade. what we are able to do with these expensive boxes is mind boggling. when i buy a new box with wheels, it might look better or be more comfortable but it doesn't blow me away buy being 10x faster and it never does anything new and different. it just rolls, like my other boxes.

i think it's so cute when people post how excited they are about their new system arriving... like it's a new baby. and everyone knows... even if you think your baby is cuter, ya never tell someone their baby is ugly.

anyway... i know "borrowing ideas" is what keeps this industry advancing. after all... look what's happened to the mouse since Steve Jobs "borrowed" the idea from xerox back in 1979. hehe

i know you're a good guy joe! been roaming the s101 halls for two years and have always known, not only are you a good guy... :U Rock:

Last edited:

Joe Diaz

You know what CES020? you are right, some haters want to hate... what else is new. Don't let it get you down. It's just a computer.

2972renfro

That I don't know about. I like the clickwheel alright on the iPod classic, but I don't know about it to do away with typing. Now if it was a visual type of interface and no keyboard, that might be more to my liking, but I don't know about the clickwheel.

You do realize that this is a parody?

marcsitkin

Like most companies products, the quality varies according to the item. I've had Mac's and PC's since 1984, and own both now.

I love my MacPro, have had it for almost 3 years. Only 1 minor issue which Apple's excellent tech support fixed by phone support in a few minutes.(If support is busy, you can request a call back time convenient to you. How's that for a concept?)

My father's Dell notebook of the same age NEVER worked right, full of crapware from the start. Finally got a Macpro to replace it last week, and is loving it.

That said, the company I share office space with has had two or three generations of Mac Towers that are constantly breaking down. I've avoided them since the aluminum case versions appeared, and have been running custom built PC's with great success.

My iPhone works well, but I'm looking at a droid replacement, for various reasons.

Don't buy blindly. Pick and choose the best equipment for your specific needs and budget. In the end, they are all machines.