• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application fluid and why?

Application Fluids

• Rapid Tac or similar

Votes: 64 61.0%
  • Water and a drop of dish soap

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 13 12.4%

• Total voters

Billct2

Rapid tac or similar ONLY when absolutely necessary.
By the way I like the new RT cold weather formula

petepaz

i go dry
no lube what so ever
( i will use water and a few drops of dish soap when doing large applications on glass)

Checkers

I rarely do wet applications. However, when I do, I will only use Rapid Tac I & II.
They make some great cleaners too - Rapid Remover and Rapid Prep. Actually, I prefer not to use Rapid Prep when prepping for vinyl installations. The stuff works too good and makes the vinyl stick really well.
I also use their Polish on my glass/electric cook-top, which looks great when I'm done.

Checkers

Pro Image

Those Baliey Boys will never see another dime of my money..........

I'll uses chicken crap instead.........

I use straight water when I do use a wet method.............

Marlene

ooops, I voted and then saw
Strictly on vinyl lettering

I never use any application fluid to apply vinyl letters as there is no good reason to do so. I use it on large applications of soild vinyl so that I can move it around and it doesn't stick to itself. I use both application fluid and soap and water.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hmmm.. won't go there john...

But I never lay down vinyl wet except when I have to do it as a color backer for a large sign... and still very rarely.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Rarely use a wet method. When we do we use Rapid Tac.

And NEVER recommend wet to customers.
Reason is:
You say a measured quart of water with one or two drops of soap, they hear about a cup of water and a good manly squeeze of soap from the bottle.

cdiesel

I screwed up too--missed the vinyl lettering part. Lettering is ALWAYS done dry. We do wet apps on rock guard and large windows.

Biker Scout

A mist of Invisible Glass works really well. (Spray Bottle, not Aerosol)

It has no ammonia and evaporates faster than water & soap or rapid tac etc... leaves little bit residue that you can't lightly buff with a paper towel and makes the window clean and shiny when done. But not like the mess soap and water leave.

Also, doesn't mess with solvent based inks either. We only use this on glass. Everything else is dry.

If you ever need to install window perf on business windows, inside or outside, Invisible Glass is a life saver, if you don't have a pair of extra hands. But only if you've not laminated of course.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I can't recall when last I applied anything wet.

I use Rapid Tac II for a final wipe cleaner on windows and vehicles. I figure if I somehow don't get the surface completely dry it won't screw anything up. The stuff makes a great cleaner, if you wear glasses try cleaning them with a bit of Rapid Tac.

LavelleSign

Ill only wet apply etched glass vinyl and large translucent vinyl, I usually mix a combo of diluted rapid tac and alcohol, the alcohol makes the fluid evaporate quicker leaving less water trapped under the vinyl.

geb

Those Baliey Boys will never see another dime of my money..........

I'll uses chicken crap instead.........

I use straight water when I do use a wet method.............

Triple here, I use Action Tac when I have to use wet.
George

S

Sign-Man Signs

Wet when it calls for it. Palmolive, TWO DROPS, cap full of alcohol to a silver spray bottle.

Pat Whatley

Rapid Tac when absolutely necessary...never on glass. I rarely use it, my current quart bottle is probably 9 months old.

roger may come across as a royal prick but the times I've talked to him on the phone he's really a nice guy and his stuff works incredibly well.