• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application tape Help!

D-Nice Customs

I been searching for days for a vendor that sells clear application tape with grid in either individual sheets with a backing or on a bulk roll with backing. Medium or low tack is fine. I can even part with the griD if needed just as long as it's clear and has a backing and I'll take 8, 10 or 12 inch sheets or rolls .Can't find anything that can be bought in bulk quantities. Just small runs where a 12x12 is almost $1 or more. I sell alot of stencils and Decals that can't be weeded prior to shipping so I usually have to cut a specific length of transfer tape roll it up and send it with there order. This process isn't terrible but USPS has been really beating up my stay flat envelopes lately and the roll arrives as a flat piece of plastic that is hard to separate and use causing unnecessary headache for the customer and I. Has anyone got some leads as to who makes this stuff? I kno I've seen it before but can't seem to come across the quantities I need for a decent price.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
So let me get this straight, you get the customer to weed, mask and install the stencil? I guess I don't understand why you can't weed and mask it.

All the mask I have seen doesn't come with a liner.

TallTechGuy

try using a low tack removable adhesive backed clear film like avery MPI2077, 3m IJ61, Gen Formulations Concept 219, Arlon DPF 50 por Orafol blue or gray transparent paintmask (811, 812) etc.. although they are designed for other applications, they may work

Msrae

Rae
R-Tape has clear transfer tape, not certain if they have grid on the backing or not. You should be able to get transfer tape rolls from almost any supplier (Fellers, Sign Warehouse, etc). I have never had any trouble finding clear transfer tape. I personally like the TransferRite tape, low to medium tack, for smaller decals.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
R-Tape has clear transfer tape, not certain if they have grid on the backing or not. You should be able to get transfer tape rolls from almost any supplier (Fellers, Sign Warehouse, etc). I have never had any trouble finding clear transfer tape. I personally like the TransferRite tape, low to medium tack, for smaller decals.

But with a LINER?? Never seen that.

Msrae

Rae
Sorry, you're right eahicks, I missed the liner issue. Yeah, I have never seen that either.

D-Nice - The process seems odd. Why can't you weed it before you send it? It should be ok to send weeded and pre-taped.

D-Nice Customs

So let me get this straight, you get the customer to weed, mask and install the stencil? I guess I don't understand why you can't weed and mask it.

All the mask I have seen doesn't come with a liner.

The majority of my Stencils are small and intricate so to send them already weeded would kill my labor cost. Plus the stencil can be used in both the negative or positive so by weeding I'm taking away one of those that the customer may want to use the opposite.

D-Nice Customs

20160623_143439.jpg

Here's an example of one of my Stencils. Thats a 14x 10 sheet no way I can weed all that and still be cost effective. So the labor falls on the customer and they get there choice of negative or positive

D-Nice Customs

found a place that has it by the yard -

Transfer Film for Self Adhesive Sign Vinyl Film 24" - By The Yard

Not sure if that is what you are looking for but...

Appreciate the link. I have found a few like that but the cost by the yard is 3 to 4 times more then the cost of a bulk roll of regular application tape by the yard. My question is where is that seller buying that roll of tape with a liner so I can buy it in bulk and bring the cost down as well. Everytime I come across a post it's usually by the yard or specific sheet sizes. I want 100 yard rolls of the stuff