• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Applicator table

bigben

I would go with the CWT just because there is no bridge over the roller. But if you can, look at the Kala applikator. I love this one because you can add more tables in the future.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
We went with a Roll-X for our new office. I don't have overhead door access and so we needed a model that bolted together. We are very pleased with it.

Make sure whichever one you buy has enough downward pressure to fully apply laminates. The brand we bought will not fully stick laminates on prints as hard as our seal base laminator. If we sheet lam prints on our roller table, you can press on it with your finger and see the spot, which is especially noticeable with matte lams.

RustyNZ

I bought http://www.bubblefree.hu/en/applicut/about-the-machine very good no problems it came with a 5 year warranty (UK) 6m long machine

We sell the Bubble-free Pro tables (only in New Zealand) and they are a very high quality table. All of our customers are very happy with their purchases and we haven't had any complaints. Bubble-free Pro is slightly different to that Applicut as it doesn't have the bar over the top. This machine is not bolted/screwed together it's all welded so is very solid.

The Keen Cut Evolution cutters you can attach to the table are a nice addition and also a very high quality product.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
What is the difference between the Roll-X and a regular RollsRoller?
From My understanding the RollsRoller has a fully welded stand and base with one solid sheet of glass.
The Roll-X has a welded base but the leg assemblies bolt on. Also it uses a 2 piece glass top. Both brands use a clear cutting mat.
I can tell you the roller has a lot of pressure. Dont get your hand under it or roll it over your fingers
as for silvering laminate. These are not laminators, they are application tables. Plus who hasnt had silvering even with a laminator. It goes away with a little sunlight.

MikePro

shopped em both, fell in love with the CWT. haven't looked back.
both share the same engineer, so you're correct with the selection for top2 choices.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I would go with the CWT just because there is no bridge over the roller. But if you can, look at the Kala applikator. I love this one because you can add more tables in the future.
We recently bought a Kala Applikator... its ok, the Chinese machine we bought 3 years ago gets used more. There are some major design flaws in the Applikator product.

bigben

We recently bought a Kala Applikator... its ok, the Chinese machine we bought 3 years ago gets used more. There are some major design flaws in the Applikator product.

That is very interesting and surprising considering their regular laminator are one of the best I've tried so far. Can you tell me more about it? I was planing to buy the Applikator next spring.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The biggest things that we run in to on the Kala is:
The cutting surface moves around and makes waves when using the roller, this causes issues when using high-pressure mode and trying to laminate/mask thin materials.
There is no manual or fine pressure adjustment, you get 1 2 3 and everything has to fit in that box.
You can only mask or laminate in 1 direction (if you want to use tension on the core).
The Gantry is super wobbly and can lead to angled application if not careful.

Pasquale

The biggest things that we run in to on the Kala is:
The cutting surface moves around and makes waves when using the roller, this causes issues when using high-pressure mode and trying to laminate/mask thin materials.
There is no manual or fine pressure adjustment, you get 1 2 3 and everything has to fit in that box.
You can only mask or laminate in 1 direction (if you want to use tension on the core).
The Gantry is super wobbly and can lead to angled application if not careful.
Have you managed to fix your issues with the Kaka