• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying laminated vinyl to ACM question

bannertime

point is still the same..i am tired of yahoos who work out their garage and pay no taxes or overhead giving stupid ridiculous low quotes to customers and "redoing" signs how about be a real salesman and get them to buy a new substrate instead of giving your work away...if you don't like that or think i'm an ****** you prob won't be in biz long!

There's nothing wrong with re-covering a substrate. Especially if it's not very old. We mostly reserve that for realty sign cover ups. When you get into having to remove old graphics, then a new substrate is almost always better. Now, I'm not sure what you consider a "long" time, but we've been in the business, for over 25 years now. I'd even argue that it's people like you that are ruining the business. Instead of offering reasonable solutions to customers, you just demand they do new fab every time. That's how we end up with DIYers running a shop out of their garage, because they'll get the job done for a reasonable price. Materials are cheap. It's the labor that makes us the money anyway.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The key is...run out of your garage AND charge like the big guys with all the overhead...that's my motto!

(And yes, I am licensed, bonded and insured...and I pay my taxes while grabbing my knees)