• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying Textures to Text Help Please!

S

SignTech

Hello all Photoshop CS3, I downloaded a .atn file that is the stars and stripes american flag that can be embedded to typed text.

I have attempted to figure out how to apply this to my text ... but no luck. It hasn't shown up in textures, backgrounds nothing.

I am trying to get the overlay onto USA

Supposed to be able to just type text and the .atn file automatically adds the feature.

This is the link of what I am talking about:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1042748

Anyone familiar with this? Thanks, Mike

S

SignTech

because it's an action.......

photoshop/presets/actions

correct an action! I downloaded the effect into the actions folder, it's there but applying the effect to text ........ I am unable to apply it. I aooly all kinds of effects all day long, but cannot figure this one out ............

doublesky

Here's how I do it...
First, take your stars and stripes file, and create a pattern with it.
Select all (or whatever area you want)->edit -> define pattern.

Then in your file w/ the text, rasterize the text.
Select the text -> edit -> fill -> w/ pattern ->yourpatternname

Totally different than the way you were trying but it should work.

S

SignTech

yeah I have to agree your way is more straight forward I am going to do just that ...........

I have never worked with actions ........ I'll have to research that later ....... Thanks! ~M

Shovelhead

:cool:

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 88

grafxxx

like shovelhead is saying you need to open your actions tab and find the preset in there and click on it then click the play button.

S

SignTech

Here's how I do it...
First, take your stars and stripes file, and create a pattern with it.
Select all (or whatever area you want)->edit -> define pattern.

Then in your file w/ the text, rasterize the text.
Select the text -> edit -> fill -> w/ pattern ->yourpatternname

Totally different than the way you were trying but it should work.

Did it your way and I actually like it better! Thanks again, Mike

Attachments

• flag-example.jpg
    flag-example.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 89
S

SignTech

like shovelhead is saying you need to open your actions tab and find the preset in there and click on it then click the play button.

I did that and nuttin happened lol ....... play button and all .......... what happens after clicking the play button ........?