• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying Vinyl Over Holes in Truck

Betty

I have a truck that has some small 1/4" holes (an emblem was attached there) that I will be applying vinyl over. What is the best way to deal with the holes? The signage will be 1 color.

Betty

Craig Sjoquist

Fill if ya can bondo then sand smooth

It will shrink if a hole is there then show up later, you can try 2 layers one for the hole then other as ya cover normal

But longer the time more it will show ..fill is best

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You can try bondo, but our experience has been.... most fillers will eventually fail and fall out anyway. If you're not a body shop or have access to one and the customer isn't willing to pay for it.... just put the vinyl over the hole and let it be. You're a sign shop, not a body shop.

BadAss

Use a piece of Mylar film (chrome or whatever) and then cover with vinyl. It strenghtens the holes.

Billct2

If the graphic will cover the hole, we put a vinyl dot over the hole (and on the back if accessible), then apply the lettering