• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arbys new logo

Pat Whatley

There were more.

Attachments

• wendy4-550x715.jpg
    wendy4-550x715.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 108
  • wendy3-550x679.jpg
    wendy3-550x679.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 112
  • wendy2.jpg
    wendy2.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 67

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'd say they both strike out....send 'em back to the dugouts. For that matter, send the designers back to their farm leagues.

Arby's is a complete train wreck, and Wendy's looks like something clipped from my sister's paper doll set....sheesh!

They both fail when it comes to conveying a "mature" image that could prove helpful for future growth and / or diversity from their present menu selections.

Look what McD's has done with just a simple "M", in terms of their McCafe' branding. I never cease to be amazed at their marketing skills. Their restaurants now convey a "mature" attitude, yet they still attract a wide demographic. I'd say that's pretty darn smart.

Arby's, Wendy's & BK need to seriously shed their playful images. They all look like nerdy eighth graders, standing around the punch bowl at the senior prom.

JB

MikePro

olook, a designer at Arby's discovered the extrude&bevel function in illustrator...

best quote of the article:
"What a terrible logo. Round one of the redesign was probably really nice, well thought out, deliberate. Then round one gets passed around corporate, next thing you know, you have 20 people with poor taste weighing in on the design "Hey people like 3D, 3D is totally in, like that Avatar movie, can you make the hat 3d?" "Hey, we slice meats, how are people going to know we slice meat unless we beat them over the head with some sort of imagery, can you make the apostrophe a meat slicer? That would be nifty!" "Hey I saw a logo once that used all lower case, can we do that? What do you mean what's the reasoning behind making it lower case? I saw it somewhere, so just do it. It doesn't have to make sense."

but hey, my money's on them not changing the logo at all... and could be just some marketing scheme to get us to stare at a logo for 15min, while we have beaten into our heads that they slice their own meat. bravo, arby's, bravo

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I was listening to NPR on the way home and they had a story on the Wendy's logo. I have a horrible memory, but part of what they said was that they realize people won't suddenly decide to go to Wendy's because the logo was redesigned. Their reasoning was more that it might keep some of the younger generation from avoiding the restaurant because it (the logo) looked dated.

I posted this morning from my phone. Just now looked at a larger version of the Arby's logo. I'm not a designer, but that thing is atrocious.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, the logo is only as good as the food it represents..... crappy.

I don't like Arby's stuff..... none of it. I don't think I've had anything from Arby's in maybe 8 to 10 years. In fact, before we bought our building in 2001.

When I was a teenager, Arby's was coming on the scene and I really liked their French Fires. Other than that, I don't like faux meat.

SignManiac

Typical example of an inexperienced designer using special effects to compensate for inability to design. Only thing he forgot was te diamond plate.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I love Arby's....I think they're food is pretty good for fast food. A stack of roast beef, a bunch of cheese sauce, horseradish sauce, Arby's sauce, onion bun....you bet.

John L

Ginos right. Arbys kinda sucks today but their original french fries were the bomb. It was like a minced tater product, crispy on the outside. Wow that takes me back.

Doyle

I agree the Arby's logo completely misses the mark. I do not understand the weird glare or whatever that is in the apostrophe, and the 3d bevel just doesn't make any sense either. These brands are supposed to be setting the bar for others, and if we all start modeling after this garbage, we are in real trouble.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
The Arby's logo is so bad. I think the execs were looking so hard to incorporate the freshly sliced meat concept that they overlooked everything else when they saw this one had a slicer blade in it.

Move In Media

pepsi-vs-coke-logos-445x1023.jpg

New Arby's logo is.... why?

Also, the roast beef? Comes out of a squeeze tube and is poured onto flattop to cook. had a buddy work there, true story. Although that was a while ago, maybe they changed it....

Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, my buddy's got some 'splainin' to do.....
`

Your buddie is still correct. That myth was hogwashed by Arby's themselves. I had a friend who was the manager at one of their early locations here in Reading back it the late 60's and he showed us what this stuff was we were eating. All Arby's did in that snopes thing was to deny what they were accused of in the way it was presented. They did not make a very strong case that it still isn't made the normal way. That stuff is beef alright, but it's more like everything beef you can imagine from lips, to bones, fat and everything on a steer. It's completely smashed and pulverized down into like a paste, then reconstituted into the shape of a roast beef and pre-cooked/roasted.

• Did you ever when eating a roast beef sandwich ever come across any fat ??
  • Were you ever chewing on a sandwich and find a very small bone ??
    [*]Ever wonder how they are so perfectly cooked, no burnt or undercooked areas ??
    [*]Why aren't some areas stringier than others ??
    [*]How is the meat so 100% consistent ??

Just like hamburgers, hot dogs or any other ground meat, they cannot be made one roast at a time and remain so consistent, unless they've been doctored.

SAR.Summerlin

So this new logo stinks. There is an Arby's right next to the plaza our shop is in they could have spent the money from that log on updating that location seriously it looks like a bad 1980's store pink and turquoise with awful "western" theme and the registers are about to fall apart they are so worn out.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Arby's roast beef is made just like a canned ham: chopped, pressed & cooked. They only slice it before your eyes so you'll think that you're getting "fresh" meat.

HB