• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arch in illustrator

tonywhittier

How do you do this kinda arch in illustrator?

Attachments

• Berlinsville_Heating.jpg
    Berlinsville_Heating.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 82

iSign

create your desired arch or wave shape, use the type-on-path tool,
wait to apply all your outline effects after perfecting the type-on-path layout & converting the text to "outlines"

also, if you warp text & the display warps, but not the actual vectors and nodes, you can go to Object > Expand Appearance

John Butto

expand the appearance after you warp, put warp in preview so you can see adjustment, but type on a path is a better way

iprint

An Even Better Wheel

One of my faves is to take the straight text, convert to outlines, then create an Art Brush. Apply that art brush to whatever line you want. Although this way takes a little longer, I feel that the results are much more fluid and I have a ton more control. Mess with the stroke weight and also toy around with the "Width Tool" (Shift + W) to get some neat results. When you are happy, expand appearance.