• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Are all General Formulations Vinyls all becoming incompatible with Latex?

dypinc

Is there a GF guy on this forum, if not what a waste. excellent feedback on their product with no one here to react to it...

It is obvious that GF has chosen to change their product. It is what it is now and there is nothing we can do about, as it is now it is not compatible with latex printers. Maybe with the new wiper roller it will work and that was probably GFs thinking. They can make a more profit that way.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
That's too bad that it's not working for you with latex anymore. Love 201HTAP and use tons of it on our solvent/uv printers. Hope you can get it sorted out or find a replacement.

Asuma01

Which latex printer do you have? The newer HP ones have a sponge roller you can install to pull away plasticers.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
is it just the 201?, i haven't used that in about a year. i'm printing some 202 now and it's fine.

dypinc

So far I have not had a problems with 201. But last year I had the problem with 201OAP and now with a roll of 201HTAP that was new in August. I am just not going to trust GF anymore, even with 201. As I never had the problem with 201OAP until a year ago and now 201HTAP. I am sure what ever they changed is eventually going to make it to 201. Not worth taking the chance.

BALLPARK

I have not had issues out of the GF201 Matte over the years. I hope it's not the media, but will be on the look out for issues. It's low cost makes it an option when the client does not have the mula to get cast. We print on HP 365 and get great results on this media. It does have a 5-year life span. We have some clients that have high turnover on their mounted substrate type prints and this makes it a good price for a matte vinyl.

I prefer we print on cast as it last longer and looks better with some white points. But I hope I don't have to switch over to 3M's constant price increase with inflated prices due to the size of their company in some failing divisions.

dypinc

I did put a word into Grimco about a High Tac version of their Brightline. I will be alright with Brightline for the lower end stuff.

TomK

I use a roll or two of the GF202 per week on my HP Grain Train Latex, and no issues with the vinyl so far.