• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Are you open on Saturday?

CL Visual

We're closed weekends but I'm almost always in the office Saturdays. I'll make some appointments or catch up on billing or get a jumpstart on printing for Monday. We used to work all weekend, every weekend. Since then, we've managed to not really work much on weekends unless neccesary.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just charge double for service calls on weekends. I have only done one weekend service call in 8 years. Work life balance is extremely important to me. I will stay late on a service call if it goes past 5 just to get it done and I have even pulled a 14 hour day once for one customer who lived out in the middle of nowhere. If you want my weekends too, you have to pay.

Billct2

We have retail clients whose weekly orders get completed and delivered Saturdays, so one guys work week is Wed-Sat. And I am here working on layouts, billing etc.
So if someone asks if we are open Saturday it's a judgement call.

petepaz

we are not open on weekend but my boss and i often work on sat and or sun so if we are here and we can help out a customer we do. we are in an industrial complex so we don't really get walk ins. anyone we help out is generally a current customer.

asd

only by appointments and the appointment needs to be schedule on Friday or before and the job has to be at $750.00.. I don't give appointments for $50.00 jobs

equippaint

I'm not "open" but I work and my employees are here 1/2 day. Nights and Saturdays are my most productive times. I might as well sit at home during the weekdays as I can't seem to get anything done with all of the interruptions.
With that said, 7 days a week is not worth it and really eats into actual production during normal times. You have to check out and get some recharge time. Be careful to not neglect your family, time passes fast. You can't go back and see your kids grow up a second time no matter how much money you make.