• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Argh! Help me with Coreldraw x3

Pgritton

I made a logo, on an 8.5x 11 page, image is about 9-10 inches tall. The image is a 3, I added a 1 line/step contour. I want the image to print at 2.5 inches so I select it all then grab a corner and scale it down. I then hit the launch button and from cut master I cut it. The problem is that it cut's it even larger than when I created it in the 8.5x11 page. What is going on here?
Thanks for the help

Pgritton

...helpful

D..m that was some helpful advice. First question I asked on this forum and what a zinger! :U Rock:

weaselboogie

You don't need to get sarcastic with YOUR first post.
:U Rock:

Try breaking apart the contour from the object. The contour usually keeps its same offset no matter your scale. That may affect your final size.

OR... Try copying the object into a new document.

Techman

I believe its a cut master problem. But, i don't use it so i cannot be sure.
However I contour and adjust sizes all the time in corel and have for years.... Then send the cut job to Cocut Pro and never have a problem with strange sizes.

What is your cutter?

Pgritton

problem with coreldraw

First, I should apologize for my sarcasm! I discovered that I was using an outline rather than a contour. I used a contour and voila! I guess you gotta stumble awhile before you learn to walk. Coreldraw has proven to be a challenge to learn. I've used Photoshop for a few years and thought it was complicated.. but CD, phew! :thankyou:

If your copy of Corel came with the book, it would be well worth your time to read a few pages whenever you get the chance. Also, keep it next to your design station while working. It explains most anything you want to know, including the difference between an outline and a contour. I have been through several versions of Corel now, but when I was first learning, the book was invaluable to me.

OldPaint

First, I should apologize for my sarcasm! I discovered that I was using an outline rather than a contour. I used a contour and voila! I guess you gotta stumble awhile before you learn to walk. Coreldraw has proven to be a challenge to learn. I've used Photoshop for a few years and thought it was complicated.. but CD, phew! :thankyou:
WOW HES PROFICIANT IN COREL NOW!!!!
NOT!!!!!!! i been using corel TO CUT VINYL WITH since ver 3.0.....and i tell people, to learn corel you need to pick a version, and spend at least 1 YEAR, LEARNING IT!!!!!!!! then you should be able to use all of what it is capable of.
as for CUT MASTER.....its probable some crap scaled down version of a REAL SIGN PROGRAM...if you BUY THE REAL SIGN PROGRAM...they come with books and TECH SUPPORT....so you would have a lot more help at your disposal.

Techman

f you BUY THE REAL SIGN PROGRAM...they come with books and TECH SUPPORT....so you would have a lot more help at your disposal.

What he means is,, if you use a commonly used software you will get lots of help. If you use some off brand never heard of before software then you will be very limited in both usage and help from others.

weaselboogie

I always use contours. They scale proportionatly.

Say you do a logo for a business card and on that logo, with an outline of say 1/16. Now they want a sign. You take that logo and scale it up to 4' wide and guess what.... that outline is STILL 1/16 wide. If you contour it (I usually break it apart after giving it the contour) the outline will scale (and it's cutable for layered graphics!)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Boogie, you know you can set the outline to scale with the object in the outline properties so that it will stay proportional to the original outline offset , yes?

wayne k
guam usa

Replicator

Contours and Outlines will both scale perfectly if created properly in Corel X3.

You should consider reading through the manuals that came with the product, as stated above.

You may also want to consider some online tutorials, or perhaps purchase some training DVDs like Advanced Artist has !

Just an honest opinion . . .

Goatboy

Contours not broken apart will remain at the original value entered. So your graphic shrank but the value of your contour did not. If you used an outline and did not set it to scale with the image the same rules apply. Your outline will not scale down with your graphic. Worst part about the second is if you a)design in wireframe or b)export to another program that auto converts outlines to curves your basically never going to know till youve wasted said media